BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager 8, 9, 10 Forum
 Information
 XMM 8 Free Android APP

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Alessio Viti Posted - 12 Sep 2012 : 09:23:39
Hello Guys,

I have make available the FREE APP for your android devices.

This APP is simple webbrowser, that will show your collection on your Device.

You have to copy it in your SD Card and install it.

The APP will try to navigate in your SD Card, it will search for the "sdcard/extrememoviemanager/" folder.

After you have install it use the function inside XMM "My Devices -> My Android Device".

Now just connect your Android Device to you PC, enable the USB Drive and select the root of your SD. XMM 8 will copy the files inside your device.

Its still an alpha, so please let me know if works correctly.

http://www.binaryworks.it/files/xmm_android.apk

Thank you!
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Sciolto Posted - 05 Jan 2014 : 11:10:29
I also could not get it working on a SD card within the Samsung Galaxy Note3. Since the eXtremeMovieManager folder to copy to the root was well below 100MB for almost 3000 movies I decided to copy to the phone itself. This worked without problem.
Fish-Man Posted - 04 Jan 2014 : 17:07:03
quote:
Originally posted by Fish-Man
Bump ?

again..............
Fish-Man Posted - 31 Dec 2013 : 16:53:39
Bump ?
Fish-Man Posted - 22 Dec 2013 : 14:36:28
OK,
I think I have nearly sorted it.
I downloaded the latest version of XMM and used the "No SD Card" version of setting up (even though I have an SD card).
I then followed the instructions about making a sub-folder on my PC then eventually manually copying the files to my phones SD card.

Now I have all the files copied, how do I run the Android app to make it point to my SD card ?

Regards,
Paul
Fish-Man Posted - 22 Dec 2013 : 13:37:58
quote:
Originally posted by Alessio Viti
Please check if the subfolder "AndroidTemplates" exist in your PC.

I still cannot get it to work (OK greyed out), and there is no AndroidTemplates folder on my PC.

Help ?

Regards,
Paul
Mawu Posted - 18 Dec 2013 : 17:29:36
Thank you. Now it seems to work.
Alessio Viti Posted - 18 Dec 2013 : 11:53:48
Sorry Mawu, my mistake. I will upload a new release in few hours.

Ale
Alessio Viti Posted - 18 Dec 2013 : 11:35:46
Thats strange Mawu, only empty files.

Please check if the subfolder "AndroidTemplates" exist in your PC.

I will make an alarm if the export procedure cannot found it.

Ale
Mawu Posted - 17 Dec 2013 : 17:07:56
@Alessio

I just played a little bit with the "Android export". I tried to create the html files in a folder on my hard disk. The result was that xMM created many empty html-files with file size 0 KB. Only the thumbs in the corresponding folder are ok. What happened? (I used the test database)

BTW: I've to admit that I don't have an Android phone but a Windows Phone 8. As this export only creates html-files I want to test it on my phone. Should be easy to create an app for WP8, too.
Alessio Viti Posted - 13 Dec 2013 : 16:39:27
Guys please test the new export for me. Here I have just one android phone (old acer) and the nexus 7. Seem to work for both devices.

Instructions here:

http://www.binaryworks.it/cgi-bin/data/wiki/doku.php?id=android_devices
Alessio Viti Posted - 13 Dec 2013 : 11:46:03
Hello Guys,

I am working on this just now.

As you know this is a simple app, its really in a first stage. I hope to get it to work soon.

Basically is a web browser for now, nothing more. I will be happy if you could test it for me. I hope to release XMM soon so you can try.

Ale
Fish-Man Posted - 13 Dec 2013 : 09:56:09
quote:
Originally posted by carsten2608

I have the same problem with my S4. After installing the App no XMM8 folder was created. What is wrong?

quote:
Originally posted by Odin

I can not select the root directory of my SD card or Phone (I can get to it, but the OK button is disabled). This is using a Samsung Galaxy S4.

Same for me. I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 2. The OK button is permanently greyed out and the folders are not created when the app is installed. I manually made the folders, but it still does not work.
I also notice there are other issues like this in the forum with no answers yet.
Can anyone get this working - especially on a Samsung phone ?
Regards,
Paul
carsten2608 Posted - 22 Aug 2013 : 13:12:28
I have the same problem with my S4. After installing the App no XMM8 folder was created. What is wrong?

quote:
Originally posted by Odin

I can not select the root directory of my SD card or Phone (I can get to it, but the OK button is disabled). This is using a Samsung Galaxy S4.

Odin Posted - 09 Aug 2013 : 17:21:54
happy2help Posted - 31 May 2013 : 00:36:35
Hello,
I have a Motorola RAZR i, which uses sdcard0 and sdcard1 to allocate the sdcards. Is it posssible to have a version of the app that looks on sdcard1? or use a config file?

Thanks
Tony
rick69 Posted - 21 Dec 2012 : 07:48:57
i like it
Alessio Viti Posted - 22 Oct 2012 : 14:08:41
Hello,

you are right, there isn't now a way to do it automatically...

If you remember what is the folder you can just delete it or rename it (so XMM will not found it and will let you select it again)

Otherwise you can edit the config.ini file and remove the "AndroidDeviceFolder" entry.

Ale
Tenchiwa Posted - 20 Oct 2012 : 18:04:36
Hi. i also couldnt connect to my galaxy s3.
and i accidentaly pressed ok in another catalog. and now it says that im always connected. is there a way to "unconnect" so you can choose catalog again?
Best regards Jonas
Alessio Viti Posted - 15 Oct 2012 : 16:41:49
OK, Thank you for the suggestion!

Ale
81RED Posted - 13 Oct 2012 : 20:20:40
You may also want to look into your code for copying the data to the Android device - my Samsung Galaxy S3 never ever gets a drive letter assigned to it, so it's impossible to select the root.

BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.08 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07