BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager 8, 9, 10 Forum
 Scripts
 IMDB Update only Ratings

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Panos Posted - 20 Feb 2013 : 00:45:58
Hi there

I am checking XMM version 8.0.4.8 with last updated scripts.

I have converted my old XMM 7 database into new XMM 8 format, so all my movies have the IMDB weblink into the Custom 8 field (http://akas.imdb.com/title/tt1024648).

The problem I have, is that I wish to update ONLY the movie Rating, using the existing IMDB weblink of the movie.
I DO NOT wish to use the Directlink engine. I only want the script to read the existing Weblink, either from the "Weblink" field or from the "Custom 8" field and just update the movie rating.

I use the IMDB(fastest) script to do this BUT it ALWAYS uses the Directlink engine and usualy asks me to manually select a link.

How can I bypass the Directlink engine ? I have already tried all options in IMDB(fastest) script, but the script does not functions correctly.
14   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Anhad Posted - 07 May 2013 : 16:13:15
Thanks. I will follow the thread, waiting for the fix!
JustME Posted - 03 May 2013 : 13:17:45
there is a thread on this already under the bug reports and suggestions are being tossed around,
Check it out here
http://www.binaryworks.it/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=10319
Anhad Posted - 30 Apr 2013 : 11:04:59
Thanks Yan00s - Easier said than done though. I would rather not mess with such stuff myself, that's why I bought software....

I was kind of hoping that the programmer would step up and offer a solution :-)
yan00s Posted - 27 Apr 2013 : 17:26:22
quote:
Originally posted by Anhad

So, how can I amend that default, so that I have the decimals?

If you happen to have MS Access you could try to change the field settings for the Ratings field and hope that XMM has no internal functions present which will cut your rating values off anyway.
Anhad Posted - 27 Apr 2013 : 14:14:18
Hi all,

Yan, it seems the value (like beauty) is in the eyes of the beholder! If the it exists on the public db, I want it on my db too

So, how can I amend that default, so that I have the decimals?
JustME Posted - 15 Apr 2013 : 02:53:09
Only that when you sort by movie ratings to watch the highest rated movie you have (the advantages ? of being married) the 6.1 would be slightly higher up the list.
When working with 5000 movies it does make it nice :-)
And yes, it should be set to one decimal place please
yan00s Posted - 14 Apr 2013 : 23:27:48
quote:

Hello Alesio,

Sorry for the delay. I import one movie today, with script "imdb fastest". The rating shows correctly 6.1. I close xmm and reopen, and, by miracle, the rating is converted to 6 (no decimal) - any ideas?
Anhad

Sorry, I'm not Alessio but as far as I can see the related db field is set to zero decimal points so everything you experience is "by default".

Out of sheer curiosity: what's the value of having a public rating value like 6.1 stored in a private db?
Anhad Posted - 14 Apr 2013 : 22:27:04
Hello Alesio,

Sorry for the delay. I import one movie today, with script "imdb fastest". The rating shows correctly 6.1. I close xmm and reopen, and, by miracle, the rating is converted to 6 (no decimal) - any ideas?
Anhad
Alessio Viti Posted - 02 Apr 2013 : 16:25:05
Hello Guys,

Rating should be taken correctly , with decimals with IMDB, isn't it?

I have try just now and seem to work correctly.

Ale
Sciolto Posted - 01 Apr 2013 : 21:00:06
quote:

I would also like to have the IMDB scripts updating the movie rating in the database with the latest imdb rating, whenever I update a movie. Now it seems that it does not import the latest rating, but instead keeps the rating in force at the time the movie is first imported. In my case, movies ratings are integral numbers - the decimals were ignored , so a movie with rating 7.9 is shown as 7.
Keep up the good work
Anhad

It turns out that by default fields are not updated. You will have to deactivate the option 'Add Values only if the Field is Blank' from the MagicScript tab under Options.

Btw, for me the rating should be with a decimal shown and if 7,9 was rounded to 7 I would instantly be looking for alternative software :)
Anhad Posted - 01 Apr 2013 : 16:29:24
I would also like to have the IMDB scripts updating the movie rating in the database with the latest imdb rating, whenever I update a movie. Now it seems that it does not import the latest rating, but instead keeps the rating in force at the time the movie is first imported. In my case, movies ratings are integral numbers - the decimals were ignored , so a movie with rating 7.9 is shown as 7.
Keep up the good work
Anhad
Sciolto Posted - 31 Mar 2013 : 13:31:23
quote:
Originally posted by Alessio Viti

Hello Panos,

Do you have import the movies in the past with IMDB Fastest?

because in this case you can just click on "Re-Update" button in the right-click menu.

Ale

Re-update does not update old ratings. Not with IMDB fast and not with IMDB complete. The only way to get a refresh from the internet is by deleting and importing the movie from scratch, which will of course also delete any manually added data like storage location. The Re-update in version 7 does work but it is broken in XMM version 8.
Panos Posted - 20 Feb 2013 : 14:09:43
Hi Alessio and thank you for your fast reply.

Although movies have been imported by using the IMDB(fastest) script, this is not the matter. If I click the "Re-Update" menu, nothing happens. Script engine does not show and the "Re-Update" menu becomes disabled.

I also believe that the "Re-Update" menu will update any differences BUT will check ALL the movie fields, which I do not want as it will take time.

My opinion is:
1) Most of the movie fields does not need to be updated after a movie has been inserted in the database. The Cast does not change or the Director or most of them. The only fields that need to be updated is the Rating of course and maybe some Comments.

2) As the IMDB link is already present in DB, the Directlink engine is not needed and the whole task can be automated by selecting as many movies as I like and just click Update with another script. The new script can be a copy of IMDB(fastest), renamed to Ratings.txt and with all the fields Unchecked but the Ratings one needed to be updated. The problem with this is that still asks for a Directlink.

Thanks for your support
Alessio Viti Posted - 20 Feb 2013 : 03:34:51
Hello Panos,

Do you have import the movies in the past with IMDB Fastest?

because in this case you can just click on "Re-Update" button in the right-click menu.

Ale

BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.08 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07