BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager 8, 9, 10 Forum
 Scripts
 imdb scripts bug in both 7 and 8 versions

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
apd Posted - 14 Jul 2013 : 10:33:39
I'm sure I've read smth related, but I can't find it now.
The Fast and Complete scripts of IMDB fill the Original Title field with the local greek title AND NOT with the original title. I've tried all kinds of settings, but the only other usable option is to NOT take the original title at all.

Main settings:
Do Not take title
Original Title Import as 1 ("Take Original, Check Related Put AKA Option").
Put AKA to Title as 0 (Do not read AKAs)

15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
JDommi Posted - 20 Jul 2013 : 16:07:22
Didn't have tested it, but looks like if that's maybe usefull for you: http://www.diffdaff.com/
JDommi Posted - 18 Jul 2013 : 18:18:06
Ah, I see. You thought of a comparison between the "original" website page and the new one.
For that you have to check in the case of IMDB several pages. And what makes the thing a little bit more difficult are the ads. These are different every time you call the site. And in the case of actors I think to remeber that the displayed characters are randomly changing.
kirill2785 Posted - 18 Jul 2013 : 17:49:27
agree that' it's fifficult to fix many script changes, bit it's a lot easrier if you know what was changed in which script.
JDommi Posted - 17 Jul 2013 : 21:44:04
Would be a good idea, "only" difficulty is that this tool has to have the MagicScript Engine by Ale...
As I remember those permanent changes of the websites are since about a year and nobody has the time to check and modify all scripts as soon as especially IMDB provides their changes.
Additionally problem is to change both versions V8 and V7.
In my opinion for some reason V8 was the worst idea Ale could have. He better had modified V7 that was more than one step leading the comparison to other movie tools. But V8 is now about one year buggy and unusable in many cases. There are still some bugs unresolved since the pre-release that was only available to a few users.
kirill2785 Posted - 17 Jul 2013 : 21:05:00
Hello, in the past i proposed a tool that will track automatically changes in the sites and therefore in the scripts (by comparing imported info to a master copy, working copy of a script or any other way..)
apd Posted - 17 Jul 2013 : 17:59:38
IMHO, the one thing that makes XMM worthwhile is the great scraping. If the scripts begin to go downhill, as some already have, then XMM's functionality will be seriously compromised.
fege Posted - 17 Jul 2013 : 16:57:22
We need better support. Alessio must find a few guys willing to fix scripts when necessary. I am using version 7, and Alessio wrote that he will not update scripts for version 7, so I learn how to change scripts, but my knowledge is still limited.
I didn't want to wait, so I spend some time t learn basic script operations.
As you are old user, you probably remember Prinz who fixed IMDB script many many times.
Decadence Posted - 17 Jul 2013 : 12:12:43
I have the exact same problem with the greek AKA titles and it's very annoying. I prefer changing the title manually or not taking the title at all, but this has to be fixed sooner rather than later.
Kipcior may have found a solution in this thread http://www.binaryworks.it/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=10010&whichpage=6, but does not work for me. Maybe we could build on it?
Now my rant:
I like XMM very much and that's why I bought it 6 years ago, but frankly I'm getting tired of the scripts being half broken every two weeks. I have 1500+ movies and not having a uniformity on their imported information does no good to my OCD. I know that IMDB and the sites like it change their inner workings without warning, nevertheless we need solid scripts or solid script support to counter these problems as the scripts are half the functionality of XMM (for me at least).
It's not like there is any better software than XMM out there, I guess I'm just asking to make the best a tad better. Thanks for listening.
fege Posted - 15 Jul 2013 : 22:51:23
I know, I already changed proxyes dozen times in last few days.
apd Posted - 15 Jul 2013 : 22:00:58
Thank you, it's a good idea and it works for now.

But surely a more permanent solution would be preferable to chasing proxies.
fege Posted - 14 Jul 2013 : 17:39:47
You can use proxy to avoid greek titles.

Simple and efficient.

http://www.proxynova.com/proxy-server-list/country-us/

apd Posted - 14 Jul 2013 : 15:38:00
It did not use to be like that; until a few months ago, it worked nicely. But now, the script asks me to select from a list where the correct entry is the one with greek title, and then it fills this in the "original title" field.

Perhaps the script wizards have to create a kind of mask for the ip when entering Imdb; smth similar to the way that DuckDuckGo accesses Google.
yan00s Posted - 14 Jul 2013 : 14:05:28
quote:
Originally posted by apd

No, this only defines whether to import the title from the site, changing the main Title field. And if ticked, it also imports the Greek title.

Well, I was afraid it wouldn't help. Other than adding the title manually like I usually do it I've no more ideas. But hopefully others jump in to the rescue... ...because I believe akas.imdb.c#m always lists the original title no matter where you come from.
apd Posted - 14 Jul 2013 : 13:54:23
No, this only defines whether to import the title from the site, changing the main Title field. And if ticked, it also imports the Greek title.
yan00s Posted - 14 Jul 2013 : 13:30:58
There's yet another option in the Main options dialoge > Magic Script > [_] Import movie titles ... - no idea if changing settings there would help.

BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.08 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07