BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager 8, 9, 10 Forum
 Suggestions / New Features
 Cover's mask

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
batrado Posted - 24 Nov 2012 : 18:48:27
Hello Ale,

Do you plan to add cover's masks in XMM8 as in XMM7? It has been very useful, especially when you have more than one movie with same name.

Now the covers are saved as 'movie_name_x'.

Also implementing a converting function for cover's names will give more power to the cover management - For automatically rename a particullar movie covers from one mask to another.

Regards.
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
yan00s Posted - 07 Jan 2013 : 23:24:40
It seems that XMM8 strictly enforces its image naming scheme. I noted that if a picture link does not follow the currently set Naming Mask it will be ignored on script updates.

XMM7 always took the image link from the database and did not care if the naming was different from the standard scheme: it simply added the next picture with underscorePicturenumber (_nn). Seems no longer to be the case ... lost some set image links / had to restore them manually and am now not really able to import covers automatically.

This kinda ruins existing collections if images suddenly get ignored.

Therefore I want to repeat my wish for custom image cover masks which should be constructable from any typical field and accept file names in the same way the OS (Windows) allows it (and not restrict it unnecessarily).

Example:

Movie Cover Masks should allow combinations from
<title>
<original title>
<year>
<movie id>
<catalog #>
<imdb id>
and separators like (), _, SPACE(S), etc.

Series Covers
should probably get extended to support seasons.

Episode covers should generally follow a typical file naming scheme like <Series> - <Season>x<Episode> - <Title> (Air Date). The current naming convention for episode pictures is a real mess.

For People pictures I (!) would love to use <sortname> and <birthyear> (and <deathyear>) for image names.

In an ideal world enhanced image naming will come together with a cover manager. Isn't 2013 the year to create an ideal world?

A funny little extra would be if one could write certain db values (field data) to EXIF / XMP of the respective pictures (hmm, now I've definitely crossed the boarder to dreamland...).
yan00s Posted - 08 Dec 2012 : 18:28:21
I toyed a little with the config.ini and it seems that the old XMM7 cover masks still seem to work as well. One just can't change it via Options any more but obviously editing config.ini works.

No idea if this has side effects.

Best thing would be if we could configure image masks like we want them from certain fields (like title, original title, year for movies; season, episode nr., series title, episode title for episodes; name, sort name, birth year, death year for people). Also, it should be possible to define individual masks so something like:
Title (YEAR).jpg

is possible. Note: > SPACEs, parenthesis should be supported as well as proper Unicode encoding.
batrado Posted - 07 Dec 2012 : 12:35:32
Hello guys,

You are both right - the newly added movies have correct cover's mask. Only some of the imported ones (from XMM7 and oldest movies in catalog, added before Ale to implement different masks), have non-correct name.

So i will join to JDommi and will ask you to implement a tool for covers rename, repair and cleanup. Also will be great if it have an opportunity to do this for particullar movie or global at database level.

Regards.
JDommi Posted - 07 Dec 2012 : 09:52:45
Okay, that's good :)
Would be nice to have sometimes a cleanup tool for those pictures that have a non-conform (id-title) name after the conversion to equalize them. In same tool there could be a funtion to even "repair" this movie id after a renumbering of the movies. Similar to the one in XMM7's CoverManager plugin. But that's a minor important request.
Alessio Viti Posted - 07 Dec 2012 : 06:24:16
The link to the covers is saved directly to the Cover field, so even if you change it the movie will be linked to the correct picture.

The Cover field contain the filename of the first cover, all the other have the _1, _2 etc...

Ale
JDommi Posted - 06 Dec 2012 : 22:52:57
What if the converted XMM7 database had an other file mask used? Will these pics automatically renamed and if not what happens when you add more pics?
Alessio Viti Posted - 06 Dec 2012 : 22:02:02
That's strange, the Cover Mask is setup to MovieID-Title automatically.

Ale

BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.07 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07