BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager 8, 9, 10 Forum
 Suggestions / New Features
 File Name to Title Compare Option

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
JustME Posted - 19 Feb 2013 : 15:20:34
I have several movies that have updated the title during the script process so the name that it is saved under is different than the tile.
Eg:The Mule\Border Run
Stored in Z:\Ext29\The Mule\The Mule.mkv
Title is Border Run

So if you use the catalog to find the movie (Border Run) you can't find it on the drive as it is named the Mule. This also occurs with most of the kungfu action flicks as they have an alternate Chinese name.
I would like to be able to do a compare of the stored file name to the title...Would that be possible within the app?
I suppose I could export it to excel and then strip everything but the two fields and then compare, but doing it with the app would be better.
thoughts?
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
JustME Posted - 22 Feb 2013 : 13:08:53
Unfortunately this happened when I was rebuilding the database from scratch again...I had converted it over to Version 8 and added movies until the memory errors convinced me to go back to 7.
Now instead of having every drive with a different assigned letter (I ran out of letters)I set each drive up as a Z drive and then put the movies under a root folder called EXT1 to EXT27.
I thought once I had this done completely in 7 I would use it as a base to test out 8 again.
Its not a big deal as I think I have them all corrected, its just nice to have the list in my WD live player seem the same as the EMM database :-)
going back through some of the old drives I also found that it had missed some .ts files as that extension wasn't kept by default so it was worth doing I guess.
apd Posted - 22 Feb 2013 : 12:34:35
So, why don't you restore one of the backup dbases? Wouldn't it be easier to just re-add your newer films?

BTW, this is a good op to remind an old request: Alessio, can't you find a way to store the user settings for the scripts, so that we don't have to manually select them after every update?
JustME Posted - 20 Feb 2013 : 22:31:40
Yep, and I had done that but unfortunately I forgot to check it after one of the updates and it reverted back to 1 and some got changed :-(.
But if that is the worst problem I have in the world, life is good :-)
apd Posted - 20 Feb 2013 : 17:33:17
In that case, depending on the script you use, you could dismiss the option to change the title, and only change the ones you need, manually.
JustME Posted - 20 Feb 2013 : 13:26:00
@Apd
I don't want to rename my files on the Hard drives as a lot of time they are correct and the title is incorrect (Original Chinese or Italian named title while I use the English one) :-) I also have the Folder named the same and a NFO file, a picture and a URL for each movie in that folder, so renaming the title to English or correctly is the way I have decided to go.
But thanks for the suggestion!
@Yan00s
I was simply having an explorer window open with the files sorted in it beside EMM as it also showed me files that EMM had not added to the database occasionally.
Doing the additional column does make for a quick visual reference though and I can do them manually fairly easily that way. There are only about 230 movies per drive so its not that much work for each drive.
Thanks for the suggestion
yan00s Posted - 20 Feb 2013 : 09:48:35
quote:
Originally posted by JustME

I have several movies that have updated the title during the script process so the name that it is saved under is different than the tile.
Eg:The Mule\Border Run
Stored in Z:\Ext29\The Mule\The Mule.mkv
Title is Border Run

So if you use the catalog to find the movie (Border Run) you can't find it on the drive as it is named the Mule. This also occurs with most of the kungfu action flicks as they have an alternate Chinese name.
I would like to be able to do a compare of the stored file name to the title...Would that be possible within the app?
I suppose I could export it to excel and then strip everything but the two fields and then compare, but doing it with the app would be better.
thoughts?

For a visual comparison in the grid you could just place the File 1 column before the title column.

BTW: This calls for a "Open Explorer window for selected movie" button. That way you'd always find your file. (The player button should open your files, as well.)
apd Posted - 20 Feb 2013 : 08:12:15
You can rename the files from within the app, both in v7 and v8, using a "mask" with fields of your choice (Title, Year etc). If I were you, I'd proceed with caution, testing a few files at a time, because you never know what bug might pop up.

In v8 you need: Tools>File Manager>File Functions>Replace.

It's a bit of a drag to select the files you need to rename. Alessio has not implemented yet the possibility to select them (with filters) from the main grid.

BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.5 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07