BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager 8, 9, 10 Forum
 Suggestions / New Features
 Sort the Actors by name

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
mon1y Posted - 30 Jul 2013 : 08:09:39
From time to time I have to sort by country the name of the person I'm looking. But when I sort by Country the name of the actors are not listed in alphabetical order and they're not even in number order (even though I have already sorted by name before I sort by country). Would it be possible to make it so that it is in alphabetical order when you want sort by country or age etc. Thanks ahead.
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
mon1y Posted - 11 Aug 2013 : 03:37:54
Hello Yan, The way I did is not like you did above. What I did is select People>and then sort by >Name> and then sort by >Country.

I didn't even know it was possible to do it like you did. Yes, it works if I did it like you did - just tried it. But I still wish we could do it by People>Name>sort>Country>sort
yan00s Posted - 08 Aug 2013 : 22:01:43
quote:
Originally posted by mon1y

quote:
Originally posted by yan00s

If you (temporarily) group the list by one value you can sort it easily by one of the others.

If you read my topic you will find out that I've already done what you suggested. Again the question arises - did you try it yourself before you give your own suggestion.

Actually, I did. And the only work-around I could come up with to achieve what you want (with the current feature set we have) was what I wrote.

Using the "Group by" function of the grid is not exactly what you were asking for - I'm well aware of that - but I thought it could help ...

... just in case: sorry for bothering.

It seems to work. For me.
---
Update:
Still: your feature request is absolutely valid. Stacked sorting would be useful.
mon1y Posted - 08 Aug 2013 : 03:25:40
quote:
Originally posted by yan00s

If you (temporarily) group the list by one value you can sort it easily by one of the others.

If you read my topic you will find out that I've already done what you suggested. Again the question arises - did you try it yourself before you give your own suggestion.
mon1y Posted - 08 Aug 2013 : 03:20:09
quote:
Originally posted by JDommi

Try to select the country column AND the name (with the Shift or Control key). Then the list should be sorted as you like it.

Before you ever give any suggestion, did you tried it yourself? - because what you suggested doesn't work.
yan00s Posted - 01 Aug 2013 : 22:53:34
JDommi Posted - 30 Jul 2013 : 11:34:45
Try to select the country column AND the name (with the Shift or Control key). Then the list should be sorted as you like it.

BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.09 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07