BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager 8, 9, 10 Forum
 Suggestions / New Features
 A small wishlist from me

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Mathimid Posted - 21 Sep 2013 : 01:28:49
Hello everybody,

I use the XMM for a while now and i'm very happy, but some wishes i have though.
So here is a little list of suggestions.

1.) Perhaps it might be better if any subgenre would be handled as a regular genre. f.e. If you have a movie with the genre "Action" and "Adventure" and "Comedy" as subgenres, you can find the movie in any of these genres. And not in a cryptic subgenre named "ADVENTURE|COMEDY", which might be very unique if you have many subgenres for a movie. I think it would be also easier for the HTML export to find the desired movie in all two, three or more genres.

2.) Can you add a editable list for the MPAA/FSK? I have some entries in the dropdown-menu like "Französich (Dolby Digital 2.0 Surround) Jahren" (perhaps taken by a script from a database by importing a movie) which i can't delete out of the list.

3.) Please make the bar statistics scrollable. Would be better for many entries. So you can use a readable fontsize if you have many years, studios, or actors to show.

4.) Also great would be a statistic for won and nominated awards. Perhaps a count of the awards. One bar for won Oscars, one for won BAFTA Awards, one for won Satellite Awards and so on. And another bar statistic for nominations. Perhaps it can be split for movies and actors as well.

5.) Would be great to have the statistics "click-able". If i click on a studio f.e. all movies from this studio would be shown. I know there are other ways to realize that in the XMM, but if i grub through the statistics and find an interesting statistic i would prefer to click on that bar to see, which entries of the db are meant.

6.) A changeable order of actors and persons of a movie. In some movies the leading-role actors are not in front of the list, because the list is alphabetical or something else. I would like to change this order.

7.) Might be more complicated. A possibility the chain movie and actor scrips. I know that the IMDB movie scrips should import actors as well, but the regular actor script seems to import more information. Here the reason for that wish: I import a movie. One year later, all awards of the year are assigned, i re-update the movies of the whole year, to have the movies up-to-date. But not the actors and persons, which are involved to that movies. Or i have an actor imported in 2012 and a new movie with him in 2014, to update his filmography and awards automatically by importing the new movie.

Thats my "momentary" list. ;) I'll let you know, if i got more ideas.

...and thank you for this great piece of software!

Best regards
Mathimid
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Jase Posted - 24 Sep 2013 : 06:48:39
quote:
Originally posted by Mathimid

Hello everybody,

I use the XMM for a while now and i'm very happy, but some wishes i have though.
So here is a little list of suggestions.

1.) Perhaps it might be better if any subgenre would be handled as a regular genre. f.e. If you have a movie with the genre "Action" and "Adventure" and "Comedy" as subgenres, you can find the movie in any of these genres. And not in a cryptic subgenre named "ADVENTURE|COMEDY", which might be very unique if you have many subgenres for a movie. I think it would be also easier for the HTML export to find the desired movie in all two, three or more genres.

I completely agree with you !! This is the best way to manage Genre and Sub Genre. Because of the way it currently handles it, it forces me to go in and edit each films genres so that I can work it. For example I want to see all of my "Westerns" in one place. Not have to look under Drama, Action, Adventure, etc for sub genre "Western".

Even if a checkbox option was added to the program allowing the user to choose as to whether it handled it the way it currently does, or the way described above.

PLEASE EMM make this functionality available.

BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.08 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07