BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager 8, 9, 10 Forum
 Suggestions / New Features
 Additional Video Info / fields

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
yan00s Posted - 27 Oct 2013 : 16:43:41
For quality analysis it would be nice if XMM could store a tiny bit more / (more) separated MediaInfo gathered information:

- width (dedicated field)
- heigth (dedicated field) ... (Should also simplify HD content flagging).

- Scan Type (progressive or interlaced)

The fields should then be available in the main grid.

-

BTW it would be really great if this would be implemented according to my wished for db reorganization (see here: http://www.binaryworks.it/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=11512 - especially point (2)).
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
alsystems Posted - 17 Feb 2014 : 17:54:44
I also would like separate 'Width' and 'Height' fields for searching purposes in the 'Advanced Filter'. This would be useful for identifying HD vs SD or identifying movies with specific height or width parameters.

The two fields could be non-editable Calculation fields which get information from the resolution field (Video Tab).
Width = the number to the left of 'x' or non numeric separator.
Height = the number to the right of 'x' or non numeric separator.

quote:
Originally posted by yan00s

For quality analysis it would be nice if XMM could store a tiny bit more / (more) separated MediaInfo gathered information:

- height (dedicated field) ... (Should also simplify HD content flagging).

The fields should then be available in the main grid.

yan00s Posted - 27 Oct 2013 : 19:28:49
quote:
Originally posted by Mawu

Hi yan00s,

in the meantime I'm skeptic to bloat the database more and more. The skripts have problems to popiulate the already available data fields and some of the data fields don't work as they should (see my other threads)

quote:
- heigth (dedicated field) ... (Should also simplify HD content flagging)

What's wrong with the "resolution" field? I don't see any advantage to split such a simple info into two data fields

Well, nothing wrong - only: not enough. I just wanted to filter for files with a height below a certain threshold in the grid but just couldn't do it.

The good thing about this kind of fields is that they can simply get fed by MediaInfo.
Mawu Posted - 27 Oct 2013 : 19:09:47
Hi yan00s,

in the meantime I'm skeptic to bloat the database more and more. The skripts have problems to populate the already available data fields and some of the data fields don't work as they should (see my other threads)

quote:
- heigth (dedicated field) ... (Should also simplify HD content flagging)

What's wrong with the "resolution" field? I don't see any advantage to split such a simple info into two data fields.

quote:
Scan Type (progressive or interlaced)

Maybe there is no new data field necessary. One can redefine the "video mode" field wich is a relict from the VHS aera (normal play vs long play) or there is the "movie features" field that can be endlessly extended with custom items.

Bye Byte
Mawu

BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.07 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07