BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager 8, 9, 10 Forum
 Suggestions / New Features
 Display Width & Height in Cover Mananger

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
alsystems Posted - 24 Feb 2014 : 08:18:04
Now the Cover/Picture Manager displays Filesize, Filename, and path for a selected picture. It would be nice to also display width & height. I would use this to determine the quality of the image so I know which ones I should replace. It is difficult to use filesize alone for this purpose.
14   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Alessio Viti Posted - 02 Mar 2014 : 08:57:42
Sorry guys for all this time without an update. Simply I was really busy, but of course XMM development is not dead!

I will upload a new release this morning. There are really few changes, but I am back on development!

Ale
apd Posted - 27 Feb 2014 : 15:12:45
quote:
[i] In the meantime I don't believe any longer that it's possible to turn the corner to get a working xMM version. Maybe it's time to switch.

I've also been thinking along the same lines. It's been exactly one month since the last update, which is unusual and I don't know what it means. It might be good, in the sense the Ale has stopped fiddling with minor, insignificant changes and deals with the important stuff. But it could also mean that xMM is just left to rot. I suppose that after waiting so long, the next update will really show if we can expect some meaningful improvements...
Mawu Posted - 25 Feb 2014 : 20:37:34
I will investigate this tomorrow. Maybe the display error has something to do with the pictures itself.

quote:
I hope that Ale will answer to some posts here in forum again in the next time. He's really quiet since a while.

No answer is also an answer. In the meantime I don't believe any longer that it's possible to turn the corner to get a working xMM version. Maybe it's time to switch.
JDommi Posted - 25 Feb 2014 : 19:05:49
The Drag and Drop feature: I never have used it in XMM, so I really don't know.
I hope that Ale will answer to some posts here in forum again in the next time. He's really quiet since a while.
Just as you didn't have recognized my post 1 minute before yours - have a look above

*EDIT*
To BTW2: I have recognized that for some reason the filenames differ from the title.
As example the Example_IT database:
1-The-Dark-Knight.jpg and 1-The-Dark-Knight_fanart.jpg. But when adding a screenshot from clipboard I get 1-Il-cavaliere-oscuro_screenshot.jpg. Seems as if the movie title has changed after downloading the info.
My program recognizes only pics with the same name as the cover plus the category suffix.

*EDIT2*
Try to use the inconsistency search of the prog. Maybe you have success on renaming to pics correctly.
Mawu Posted - 25 Feb 2014 : 18:59:40
My wish is very simple:
When adding a screenshot to the database it should named like "Titel_screenshot.jpg" and not "MovieID-Title_fanart.jpg".

BTW: I just realized that in xMM8 the drag&drop of covers doesn't work. In xMM7 it works. Is this one of the canceled features? The more I use xMM8 the more I hate it. The most buggy and frustrating software since Bundesliga Manager 97.

BTW2: Your cover manager doesn't display all of my pictures (although the file name is displayed). Are there any restrictions? All pictures were imported with xMM7 or 8.
JDommi Posted - 25 Feb 2014 : 18:58:48
Update:
Category Screenshots added.
Name pattern should have been already there.

https://www.mediafire.com/?16h1wlshgii55oe

JDommi Posted - 25 Feb 2014 : 13:31:20
Well, please give me a description of what to do and I will see If I can add it.
Screenshots are new to XMM8 I think. So this field has to be added.
The naming convention "title_xxx" is already inbuilt? Haven't used my own program for a really long time *lol*
Mawu Posted - 25 Feb 2014 : 13:05:15
Ok, thank you. Now I get it to work. Unfortunately your program doesn't solve the main problem I have at the moment with xMM cover manager: the naming of screenshots. xMM names them according to the "movieid-movie title_fanart" scheme, but I want to have "movie title_screenshot". Therefore I have to define it manually in Access.

Bye Byte & Happy Coding
Mawu
JDommi Posted - 25 Feb 2014 : 11:16:36
Yes, I don't have the path to the active database like in XMM7. Therefor that's my last opened one.
Go to "Build Connection String" and select your database manually.
Mawu Posted - 25 Feb 2014 : 10:46:56
@JDommi

There is an error message when starting the program:
JDommi Posted - 24 Feb 2014 : 18:41:56
I only have changed the field Year to MovieYear yet. Maybe it will work now without problems on XMM8 databases.
To chose your database make a new connection string and select your mdb. Please don't use open/close command.

IMPORTANT:
I didn't have tested any functionality (no time!!!). So as always make a complete backup of your database or use a testing database.

*EDIT*
Oops, the link is: https://www.mediafire.com/?16h1wlshgii55oe
JDommi Posted - 24 Feb 2014 : 13:27:51
I think that guy already has had a look at, but sometimes there are different name conventions.
As example the episode stills that are downloaded have a timestamp in front of the episode name but when adding from clipboard this timestamp is replaced by a number containing episode id, movie id, ...
And for covers this maybe could be, too.

Well, I have to look at the database structure. There are some differences but I still was too lazy to compare. Especially as I had to to change a few programs I use at work.
Mawu Posted - 24 Feb 2014 : 11:59:51
quote:
For XMM7 there was a good plugin for. Unfortunately this does not work with XMM8.

Maybe you can convince the programmer of this plugin to adapt it for xMM8.
JDommi Posted - 24 Feb 2014 : 10:00:59
The Cover Manager is really minimalistic and needs an upgrade.
For XMM7 there was a good plugin for. Unfortunately this does not work with XMM8.

BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.08 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07