BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager 8, 9, 10 Forum
 Suggestions / New Features
 Need very easy to understand help please

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Keli Posted - 06 Nov 2014 : 06:20:38
I'm beginning to think that I purchased this software for the wrong reason :( I am an avid movie watcher/collector as I'm sure most of you are. Due to space, I've always thrown out boxes and kept movies in folders, however, with my collection now reaching close to 4,000, it's getting harder and harder to turn to a movie and remember what it's about, who's in it, it's genre and so on. So naturally I went first to IMDB. They do not offer printing of their material, so after a quick Bing search, I believe this was the first suggestion. It was very late, I was tired, and I very briefly scanned the information, and what I saw really looked impressive, however, when I actually downloaded the program today and looked at it, I'm not finding what I'm looking for. Here is what I'm attempting to do: I would like to print a piece of paper and fold it to put it behind each movie in my collection that includes plot/actors/year released and genre. I'm getting older and forgetful, but I also have a few friends and neighbors who come over and like to "borrow" movies now and then and it's hard when I can't tell them what the movie is about.
Does anyone know what I'm looking for or how I can achieve this?

Any suggestions are very appreciated! And thank you for your time and effort. To contact me directly, my email address is: tortmom -at- gmail.com
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Keli Posted - 09 Nov 2014 : 03:34:45
Greetings!

You are an absolute angel! I'm heading to the wiki now, and very excited about it! Have a great weekend!

Sincerely

Keli
JDommi Posted - 07 Nov 2014 : 07:32:44
Well, for a real beginner there are much question marks. I would advice to read the wiki at first.

http://www.binaryworks.it/cgi-bin/data/wiki/doku.php?id=start

Here are explained the most basic steps.

To your questions: check in the options if the automatic grabbing of information is activated. Of course you firstly have to set the standard script to the correct source like IMDB. But this is better explained in the wiki as I can at the moment - right before going to work.
When there are still problems you're welcome to ask for further details!
Keli Posted - 07 Nov 2014 : 02:06:38
JDommi,
I thank you so much for taking time out of your day to answer my question, unfortunately, I still don't understand :( I am brand new, I haven't even used the software yet, I've looked it over, but I see a lot of buttons and terms new and confusing. First all, if I were to enter a title of a movie such as "Neighbors" does it automatically connect to a site such as IMDB and download the plot/actors/genre and so forth for me? I do appreciate your time and effort. Is there possibly somewhere I find a step-by-step instruction on how to use this software? I'm afraid I got in over my head.
Thank you
Keli
JDommi Posted - 06 Nov 2014 : 07:45:51
Just set the grid columns to show your desired information and print it from the files menu.
Or export your movies to any format and print those exported files.
The last possibility is to print one by one the HTMLCard itself. Maybe you have to set the options to show the natural contextmenu for the Details Panel.

As additional hint. Never write your email in any topic. Especially not in bot-readable letters When clicking on any user's name you can send him a mail via the forum soft.

BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.09 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07