BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager 8, 9, 10 Forum
 Suggestions / New Features
 Boxsets

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Saphir Posted - 14 Sep 2012 : 15:15:38
I just was trying to bring my Boxsets in and have the following problems:

In XMM 7 there is opening a simple window if I like to add a Boxset, I like that but in XMM8 is opening the same window like for a single movie. I think thats not needed because it makes for me no sense to add all the movie details in the Boxset because every movie has his own details. Because of this I put all the movies in my Boxset as single movies in the database. With the simple window in XMM7 I can fast add the Boxset (maybe few more details would good but this must be seen) -good- but I can't add now the movies which are in my database allready to that Boxset and this is very pitty. I would like to open the Boxset and have an overview of which movies are in there with a link to that movies and there details.
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Alessio Viti Posted - 16 Sep 2012 : 17:15:25
You are right... I will bring back the Boxsetcard and I will "hide" the fields, but I cannot create another table for boxset, will be a pain made the scriptengine also for boxsets.

I agree also with the combobox in the edit window. I will try to add soon.

Ale
Mawu Posted - 16 Sep 2012 : 10:59:31
@Alessio

I have to agree with Saphir. In xMM8 the data set for Boxsets is too big. Most of the data fields for movies simply don't make sense. There is the one or other field I wanted to be added to the data set of XMM7 - but not more. And although you have redundant data fields a tab with a list of all movies assigned to the boxset is missing (add/remove of movies should be possible. Also for movies a boxset field (with dropdown menue) is missing. All editing procedures for boxsets and movies should be accessible in the edit window. It's the first place people are looking for when they want to assign movies to a boxset.

Bye Byte and Happy Coding
Mawu
Alessio Viti Posted - 16 Sep 2012 : 09:43:22
you are right, there is a bug, XMM "think" that the boxset is a tv show... I will fix it now
Saphir Posted - 16 Sep 2012 : 09:29:27
I did the Update manually but he asked me for the right link to select and this window has no link to select, it's empty.

Hide, yes but there should also no datas be doupled in the database because the fields are only hidden.
Alessio Viti Posted - 16 Sep 2012 : 06:17:59
You are right, the automatic import works for Movies only, this to prevent the script to grab wrong data about boxset... so basically boxsets and tv shows must be imported like the old way, I mean you can edit and press "update" or right click...

About boxsetx data, maybe I can hide some of these info like you said the audio codec ec... I will think to this.

Thank you!
Saphir Posted - 16 Sep 2012 : 00:10:01
Ah the right click :-)))) I was searching this a long time. That would be something really good for the ribbon.

I like how it is in XMM 7 There could be a handful more informations in the card but that's all. In the moment I can't see the reason why I should have the smae card for the Box like for the movie itself? All the informations which are related to the movie should only be there available. Only things like the release date should be on both. For me this is in XMM 8 to much informations and confusing. Why should I have the "Audio Codec" on the box? It belongs to each movie. Less is more.

It would be nice if there were a possibility to add from the Box card movies.

Another problem is the autimatic update from the internet doesn't work for the box. There comes a window where I have to select something but the window is empty.

I did make a screenshot but don't see an option to bring the picture here in.
Alessio Viti Posted - 15 Sep 2012 : 05:09:59
Hello Saphir,

Basically now a Boxset is like a movie, this means that you can update also boxset via ScriptEngine (not possible with XMM 7)

To add new movies to a boxset just right click on the movies you want add, there is a function in the Context Menu.

Ale

BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.09 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07