BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager 8, 9, 10 Forum
 Suggestions / New Features
 TreeView

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Saphir Posted - 14 Sep 2012 : 15:23:00
in XMM7 and still in XMM8 the "TreeView" is very empty. A lot of things can be added there which I have now hardly find with the search field. "Genre" would be a good example. The "TreeView" can give the possibility to find things very easy without thinking how is searching working, what I have to put there in.
16   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Alessio Viti Posted - 12 Oct 2012 : 13:51:23
OK, I will try to add for both...

Ale
zukkara Posted - 12 Oct 2012 : 10:26:29
Could you please bring back the "alphabetical Order" view to the first level of the treeview. Now i have to move deep into the branches to find it. The old "alphabetical Order" view is also better, as it shows movies and TV Series in one view.
kirill2785 Posted - 09 Oct 2012 : 13:03:57
in XMM7 you could choose the custom fields through the treview. now toy have to go to the options to do that, which makes life harder.
Alessio Viti Posted - 27 Sep 2012 : 16:42:43
OK I will do this.

I have put the wanted etc.. to separate between movies and tv shows, just this.

Ale
Mawu Posted - 27 Sep 2012 : 14:29:46
@Alessio

Thank you for improving the until now more or less neglected treeview.
Some suggestions:

- it's nice to have more entries in the treeview now. But not everybody wants to use every item in the treeview. Therefore the possibility to hide items that I don't need will be useful. When the treeview is crowded with too many items it seems to be a little bit overcharged.

- for treeview items like "wanted" it would be useful to have this as a main item and not as a subnode/sub-item of movies/tv-shows/boxset.

Bye Byte and Happy Coding
Mawu
Alessio Viti Posted - 27 Sep 2012 : 14:00:03
Yes, I have add several new entries to Treeview
pace666 Posted - 27 Sep 2012 : 12:56:30
"Wanted" filter is in version 8, great!
Alessio Viti Posted - 26 Sep 2012 : 16:28:30
Thank you Pace, I will try to do this.

Ale
pace666 Posted - 26 Sep 2012 : 16:05:40
I worked with Clz Movie Collector for a long time and for a simple reason that XMM is great and really powerful I recently switched. I work with a wishlist to manage titles I want to add physically to the collection. I think I found the way to do it in XMM .... Status... Wanted or the checkbox Wanted, anyway I have a suggestion related to the movie status in collection: Allow to save custom filters and apply them to the treeview and filter toolbox

Thank you
Pace
KCWhiteKnight Posted - 18 Sep 2012 : 17:15:02
I've also noticed for me not having messed at all with the tree view that I automatically have two Movie Year Folders. When I got to options I only have one checked. If I uncheck the one, I still have the folder in tree view after clicking ok. The information contained in both folders is the same when I have two.
Mawu Posted - 18 Sep 2012 : 14:33:14
quote:
Seem that I have to bring the Ribbon back... nobody found what they search

I don't mind if you do that. If possible an improved version like in Office 2010.

In the new alpha some glitches are now removed. Maybe you can also put the other items to the treeview tab in the options in order to be able to hide/show them. Old special filters are still missing. Also a small "Group By" button like in xMM7. It's hard to find the options (Right-click on treeview or database). The old solution worked better.
When selecting fields it would be helpful to have this selectable data fields translated.

Mawu

Alessio Viti Posted - 17 Sep 2012 : 12:16:24
Seem that I have to bring the Ribbon back... nobody found what they search

To bring the treeview back you have to go to "Tools" -> "Show/Hide Panels"...

I will try to make the other suggestions.

Ale
Mawu Posted - 17 Sep 2012 : 12:11:32
My comment to the tree view:
First of all during playing around with the treeview I accidentally deleted the treeview window and I don't have the slightest idea how to bring it back. Solution: new installation.
Configuration was more intuitive in XMM (Group By Menue). When you hide all functions in right click context menue nobody will find it
Missing: Special filters, Alphabetical
For the new items some subfolders have no label
It's necessary to be able to hide all (!)items in treeview.
It's necessary to be able to show all custom groups in treeview at once
For the feature: integration of custom filters and searches in the treeview.

Mawu
Saphir Posted - 16 Sep 2012 : 23:03:07
I just tested to configure the "TreeView" There are 6 possibilities to tell XMM what to show. The bad thing is, that XMM only shows the last of this 6 I modified. Would be nice if all 6 would be seen in the "TreeView"
Saphir Posted - 15 Sep 2012 : 12:33:58
That sounds very good. I don't use XMusicM, I have there another program but there it is also possible to configure what I like to see. That's the best way of it.
Alessio Viti Posted - 15 Sep 2012 : 05:11:17
You are right, Treeview can be improved a lot.

I will try to add the same features of XMusicM, I mean that you can configure what to see in treeview.

Ale

BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.07 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07