BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager 8, 9, 10 Forum
 Suggestions / New Features
  xMM 8.0.1.0 - The good, the bad & the weird

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Mawu Posted - 06 Oct 2012 : 22:15:59
Hello guys

quote:
->Moved the Random Button to Tools

Old position is better. Maybe user will not find it.

quote:
->Added Search Options like XMM 7
->Added Filters near the Search Panel

Great!

quote:
->Tree Items can be hide now

Also a good improvement. For my part also boxset/movies/tv show and people database can be hidden (not all at once of course)

Some additional comments to the edit window and data fields:
Cast & Crew: the buttons are really a little bit big (see posting in another thread), editor and producer table should be changed, because the producers need more space.
Film Features: seem to be a little bit confusing for the users; I think it can switch to video tab as almost every item in the list is related to video stream, gift checkbox to personal tab. Maybe it's possible to enable a customizable separator (thin dividing line) between the items to separate items that belong together (color, 3D etc.)
Video: the language field is obsolete
Audio: ok, please don't change anything here, subtites in this tab is also ok for me
DVD/VHS: Packaging and Region need dropdown selection; an additional field "extras" is very important for the follwing reasons: it's not possible to import the old features field from xMM7. The new features field is a progress but you'll have to transfer the old data manually. Additionally the new field is more a list with standard features, this extra field should contain unique features or gadgets. Also from the boxsets not all old fields are imported. Features import doesn't work like for the movies, notes doesn't seem to imported at all, extras are imported to the notes field in personal tab. Very confusing. All this stuff can be imported and merged into this additional field.

One bug concerning the import of old database: date insert = date import, date insert should remain untouched (my first entries are from 2001, DivxManager 0.3 )

Add original dvd doesn't work correctly as described for the last alpha, blu-ray is not supported at all.

add movie/add tv show: I think the "advanced" sub-grouping is not necessary

Missing from xMM7:
- cover print
- mini statistic
- exchange movies through databases
- csv export
- quickedit view (ok, I know that it will never come back)

Bye byte & Happy Coding
Mawu

BTW: I hope I was not too negative.

BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.07 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07