BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager 8, 9, 10 Forum
 Suggestions / New Features
 Box Set unique Info window

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
kirill2785 Posted - 06 Nov 2012 : 19:19:05
Hi,
In XMM7 Boxsets had a unique info window. in XMM8 boxset have the same window as TV-Shows and Movies. This is less convenient and less progressive comparing to XMM7.

Actualy i would prefer that tv-shows ,movies, boxsets, and actors will have thur unique info window. actors already has a unique window. movies , tv-shows and boxsets are the same now.
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Mawu Posted - 08 Nov 2012 : 15:29:11
As posted in some other threads there are several problems concerning the boxsets in xMM8:

- Many users have sorted their collection according to the MovieID. In xMM7 movies and tv shows both get an MovieID. That's acceptable for me as tv shows are not more than a very very long movie. But boxsets are only containers for movies/tv shows which means only a superordinate sorting-level. Therefore Boxsets are disturbing the sorting according to MovieID. Additionally when you import your old database the boxsets are not sorted together with the associated movies but at the end of the list. Therefore it would be better to label them with an own BoxID or with no ID at all. How this can look like you can see here (Boxsets are sorted in the grid according to the MovieID of the associated movies):

BTW: It's a screenshot from DVD profiler
When MovieID is necessary as primary key in the relational database we have to find a replacement. This can be the catalog-Nr.; the movieID then would only be used for internal reasons. But for catalog-nr. movieID related features like renumbering are not available at the moment

- Using the set of data fields for movies also for boxsets is suboptimal as many fields are of no use. Therefore it would be useful to get an own edit window for boxsets (like in xMM7) or to "grey out" the useless data fields in the now available edit window. Actually we only need the old data set from xMM7 + discs tab + associated movies/seasons/episodes tab

- There is no tab for associated movies/seasons/episodes which should be a key feature for boxsets. Maybe it's possible to "activate" the episodes tab analogous to the "activation" when selecting the tv show checkbox also when selecting boxset checkbox. In this tab a selection of movies and - very important - also tv shows down to the season and episode level associated with the boxsets should be possible. At the moment for boxsets of tv-series there is no useful management in xMM possible as you always only can buy seasons or 1/2 seasons boxsets.

Bye byte & Happy Coding
Mawu
chaosID Posted - 08 Nov 2012 : 14:38:20
Hi,
that is not meant negatively, but in XMM7 there were separate tables for movies and boxsets, why not in XMM8?
kirill2785 Posted - 08 Nov 2012 : 10:36:38
You kept it the same to have adifferent ID? But the people info window is different and works fine. you can also change the id system: films ID can start with a F (F0001,F218...), Boxsets with a B (B0001,B218...), TV-Shows with TV (TV0001,TV218)...
chaosID is right about the current boxset info window not showing the films inside the boxset, leaving it to the html card is not a good solution, some people don't use them at all.
i sent you a design i made in visual C# via mail. couldn't upload it here, don't know how.

it would also be great to make a script for importing box sets from BLURAY.COM. it has the box set info and the info of all the titles/movies in the same page.
http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Harry-Potter-Years-1-5-Box-Set-Blu-ray/1128/
http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Bond-50-Blu-ray/36569/
Alessio Viti Posted - 08 Nov 2012 : 08:21:38
Guys you are right, I have to change the HTML Card of the Boxsets in order to show correctly the movie inside, but the database table is the same of the movie, this is why you cannot have different ID

Ale
chaosID Posted - 07 Nov 2012 : 21:03:32
I agree with kirill, without own info window or HTML-Card, the boxset is useless. You can not see what movies are together in a boxset and this is probably the basic idea. In XMM7 it works fine. That's one reason for me to stay on XMM7.
kirill2785 Posted - 07 Nov 2012 : 12:13:30
The boxset info window will stay the same as the Movie/TV-Show window? why ? there are so many fields in this info window that have no compatibility with a boxset concept. that makes it useles. this issue is a decline compared to XMM7.
Alessio Viti Posted - 07 Nov 2012 : 08:10:03
Hello,

I am sorry but I really cannot change this.

Ale

BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.08 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07