BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager (Rel. 7), No More Updates
 Suggestions / New Features
 Online direct link db

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Johndoe Posted - 26 Apr 2007 : 06:26:05
Here's an idea:

Instead of having to get several direct links to each movie, for cover, etc... How about if there was an online database, which you connected to, which had listed each of the direct links to different sites for all movies?
So if you wanted to get info for, lets say The Terminator, all you had to do was to select the right Terminator movie in the database which would tell XMM all the different direct links on all supported sites, and XMM could then download whatever info you wanted, based on what web page you had selected to use.
This database would naturally, have to be managed by the users themselves, in some way. But volunteers for that shouldn't be hard to find. There could even be an "upload direct links to database" function, or something...

Then you could also easily implant the (year) into the search, to make selecting the right movie even more automatic.

This would imho greatly simplify the downloading process, as you wouldn't have to scan through so many weird results in a search..

A big project, I know... but doable?
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Mawu Posted - 27 Apr 2007 : 19:23:56
Hi,

I don't think that a link database will be very practiable as it seems very hard to get the critical mass of contributions necessary for a contribution system to be viable. There are only few people contributing scripts, moviecards etc at the moment and contributing links doesn't seem to be very "sexy". Anyway with the new scripts e.g. for IMDB it's no problem to get a good direct links. Conclusion: the cost-benefit analysis is not very positive.

On the other hand a dvd database would be exactly what I desire. It shouldn't be a proprietary/locked system, but open source like FeeDB for music cd - I think the only way to attract many participants (even if they use another software to access to it). I don't know if you have heard about the problems the dvd-profiler community has at the moment because of the conflict between the old Distributor Intervovative and the new founded Invelos (distributor of version 3.0). The online database is off at the moment and people think about an open source alternative for a database (http://www.intervocative.com/Forums.aspx?task=viewtopic&topicID=289169 with may lead to a concrete project (http://sourceforge.net/projects/adeptdvdmgr). Maybe a cooperation is possible.

Bye
Mawu
Alessio Viti Posted - 26 Apr 2007 : 11:10:15
Hi Johndoe!

Indeed it's a great idea! I will try to study it. I am a newbye in server programming, If someone has good ideas and want help me please write!

Thank you!

Alessio

BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.08 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07