BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager (Rel. 7), No More Updates
 Suggestions / New Features
 Suggestion for QuickUpdate to List of Items

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
bc0203 Posted - 02 Jan 2010 : 07:41:52
I was doing a QuickUpdate on a long list of items, and there were a couple of instances where I did an "oops" and wanted to go back and fix an error on one of the items I had just updated. Unfortunately, once you update an item, it disappears from the list.

While I understand the reason/utility for this, I would think that simply having the program update the record which has the application's focus (i.e. the highlit record) should be sufficent to allow the entire list of items you're editing to still be displayed.

What would be really cool is if you could scroll back through your list of items you'd already updated and have what you selected show up on the screen, so you could edit it if need be. If that's not possible, at least give the user the opportunity to enter a new value. To avoid confusion on the part of the user, records that had been updated could be displayed with a grey background, or in a different font color.

This negates the need for an "undo" feature in this part of the program, and indeed gives the user a bit more flexibility in fixing errors that might span multiple records (e.g. they accidentally linked a couple of records.)

BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.06 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07