BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager (Rel. 7), No More Updates
 Suggestions / New Features
 Make the 'failed' download time configurable

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
nehickel Posted - 15 Jun 2010 : 07:40:16
Hello

Request:
The following is a request for new functionality within the download manager of the XMM Download Manager.

Problem:
The download manager 'hangs' for extremely long periods when it encounters web sites that are down, busy, unavailable, locked, are not configured as expected by the script or have issues with the client computer, network or other components.
Current Solution:
The current solution to this problem is typically to kill the XMM application, which results in a loss of the information that was collected prior to encountering the problem. The larger the number of movies and/or scripts involved, the more likely the probability of having a 'hang'. This has happened enough to me to believe that I'm not the only one that must be having this problem. If that's the case, a 'quaility solution should be implemented'.

Solution:
Set a configuration parameter for each download script that specifies the threshhold in seconds that the download manager should wait until terminating the script for failing to respond within the set time allowed.
Set a second configuration parameter for each download script that will indicate how many terminations will be allowed before the download manager disables a script for the remainder of the download session.
At the start of each download session, all disabled scripts from the previous download session are re-enabled. A download session is defined as a single one time use of the download manager where one or more movies and one or more scripts are used.

Thanks,
Norm

BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.07 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07