BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager (Rel. 7), No More Updates
 Suggestions / New Features
 My suggestions

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
mouh_stach007 Posted - 13 Jan 2011 : 00:03:33
Hi I'm giving you some suggestions that could be interesting in my point of view :

- I'm using xmm installed directly on my external harddisk, which means that I have 2 hard disc with 2 xmm exe with separate database.
It's working well but I have an error message anytime I boot it from different computer : as windows assigns a letter for each new drive connected, it's not always the same between different computer...
Error message simply say that it can not load H:/xmm/database because windows attributed another letter.
And it's the same with path of the files...It's impossible to play it from the software (because of same letter assignment conflict)

Is there any way to create an installation option to make it with relative path instead of windows letter assignment path?

- I have lot's of mkv files with multiple audio...Reading audio codec only display one of it...Is there any way to put the 2 informations like "DTS|AC3"?
any way to put information about the language of each audio track in a field? (I'm using original langage but I enter it manually like "Fr|Eng"

maybe I'll find other things to suggest but I've been working hard for the last few month and It's been a while since I've entered new films in my database...therefore after manually modifying and updating my own allociné script I going to add new ones and probably having new remarks for you ;)

Thanks a lot already for this software which makes 80% of what I wanted and I don't ever found in other softwares
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
JustME Posted - 25 Feb 2011 : 13:18:51
I have a different database for each drive and then one main one that I add all the others to. I would suggest that you leave the app installed on your PC and then do it via drive letter.
When you take your drive to a friends to watch movies, look at the option of creating a html page for that drive and leave it in the root of the drive, That will find everything from there and give you a nice little index for just that drive?
Might try that myself too...sort of a catalog of what is on each drive and then it will also have the imdb links so you can look at more features about the movie but it is all self contained then.
mouh_stach007 Posted - 23 Feb 2011 : 10:13:55
quote:
Originally posted by JustME

I use several drives and using Windows Disk management I have simply assigned a drive letter to each of my externals...I also use them on different machines and I simply configure the same drive letter for each drive on each machine (marked on the drive enclosure helps)and it remembers that.
but, I only have 2 more drive letters to use so this may become an issue yet!

Yes but sometimes I bring my drives to friend's party...I can't do that on each computer I occasionnaly use...
That's why I was sugesting to make an installation option with relative path

But thanks for, the advice ;)
lyp881213 Posted - 27 Jan 2011 : 04:50:22
learn more from here,thanks your sharing.
JustME Posted - 17 Jan 2011 : 23:12:57
I use several drives and using Windows Disk management I have simply assigned a drive letter to each of my externals...I also use them on different machines and I simply configure the same drive letter for each drive on each machine (marked on the drive enclosure helps)and it remembers that.
but, I only have 2 more drive letters to use so this may become an issue yet!

BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.08 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07