BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager (Rel. 7), No More Updates
 Suggestions / New Features
 Movie Plot versus Plot Synopsis

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
nehickel Posted - 26 Mar 2011 : 07:12:27
The following is a Change/Add Request for the eXtreme Movie Manager (a.k.a. XMM) version 7.1.1.4 as of 20110326

Overview:
Over the last year or so I've noticed that many of the Movie Plot fields being downloaded contain an entry called Plot Synopsis.

Reason for Change Request:
1) The Plot Synopsis is a nearly minute by minute description of every scene within the Movie. Its more of a Spoiler than anything else. Typically the Plot field provides a high level overview of the movie within 2 to 4 sentences without giving away the ending. Something like the Movie Description on the back Cover of the DVD Case.
2) When using MyLittleNMT or other Export methods, The much longer PLOT field (with PLOT SYNOPSIS included) causes the output to become increasingly difficult to manage, read and make use of.

Recommendation:
Its fairly simple to manually remove the PLOT_SYNOPSIS data from the PLOT field. I've been doing it for the last 13 months. However the content of the PLOT_SYNOPSIS field should be kept someplace where it can be used if and when its needed. Currently I'm using the Media tabs field Notes to hold the PLOT SYNOPSIS content that came with that specific Movie.
The best approach toward resolving this issue would be to parse the PLOT field looking for the PLOT SYNOPSIS keywords. If found, place the PLOT SYNOPSIS information into its own new XMM database field of the same name (PLOT_SYNOPSIS).

Thanks

BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.07 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07