BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager (Rel. 7), No More Updates
 Information
 Switching over from movie Collector!!! :)

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Legion455 Posted - 30 Nov 2008 : 18:57:33
Hey all!

I'm switching over from Movie Collector because ver 6 will only import data from Collectorz.com, and no others. I also don't like their cumbersome Boxsets and Episodes support either ...
so, ..... here I am!!

The first thing I need to do is import my (Movie Collector) Collection of almost 1200 movies. Would someone please provide the best way of doing this?

Thanks again, . hope to be posting more in the next days and weeks, ... and eventually to the point of being able to help others as well!

take care
Allen
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
progrocktv Posted - 28 Feb 2010 : 22:08:05
I'm a Collectorz "export" as well:-) Their database is completely useless so they told me my collection is "too eccentric" and advised me to get another software, so I just purchased a copy of EMM:-) I'm importing from Collectorz 5.6 via XML and am having some problems with fields as well (Notes & some custom fields). Also if any of the fields under Episodes & Features in Collectorz are filled in, it only imports as a completely blank entry for the entire film in EMM (in other words none of the info is imported like title, stars, plot etc)

Thanks!
pinuz Posted - 21 Jun 2009 : 22:43:25
Hi to everybody, i'm another "mover"
long story short, there are thousand of networked mediatanks around the world that need support for this fabulous devices.
In Italy isn't as popular as here but things are moving.
I remember I left my beautiful Italia 10 years ago.......
I'm happy to help alessio with my purchase and give some serious support.
Anyway we are pro user and I think we can give out help to bring XMM to the next level.
Keep in mind that with the new platform (ION Nvidia) capable of smooth playbback for 200$ there will be more and more users around.

Giuseppe
Moo Moo Veda Posted - 01 Mar 2009 : 01:30:06
I switched over from Movie Collector to Extreme Movie Manager and I'm glad I did. It is 100% better.
MoBO Posted - 16 Feb 2009 : 04:15:39
quote:
Originally posted by Alessio Viti

Hi,

You mean dor PopCorn, right?

you can found the instructions here:

http://www.alibri.it/NMTAddicted/Index.htm

Alessio

Alessio,

Is is possible to get some information about this tool ?
I'm trying to create a template but I don't have all data I'm looking for.
There is not text file providing the available variable.
I found on the provided template some but... I look to much much more.

Since I have VB at office, I gonna check the sources but, would be much faster getting a text.

Thanks for this link.
MoBO Posted - 16 Feb 2009 : 01:53:45
Hi Alessio,

Got my NTM few days ago and decided to choose your product instead of Collectorz for all the reason already showed in this thread.
Now I'm just waiting for the automated "My Lil Movie Jukebox" auto export or a manuel trick!!! (such a great tool!)

Then all will be perfect.

Can you provide an update on the project ?
Alessio Viti Posted - 09 Feb 2009 : 07:40:42
Hi RobRoy,

Please write me an email to alessioviti -at- binaryworks.it and send your XML file, I will try to import these custom fields.

Alessio
robbroy Posted - 07 Feb 2009 : 16:12:14
I too am transitioning from Collectorz.

I set up two custom fields in Collectorz which do not map across when I import the XML file. Is there a way to transfer these custom fields into EMM?
thica Posted - 05 Feb 2009 : 11:04:29
Hello,

I like to switch frm MC to XMM and tried to import my MC DB by XML to XMM. It seems, that the user fields of MC are not imported. Can this be checked or added?

"<extras/><tags/><usertext1>MyText...</usertext1>

Thanks!
ternot Posted - 21 Jan 2009 : 16:41:43
quote:
Originally posted by Legion455

The best thing you could do now, ... is make the XML import fill in all fields, including the movie files.

I need to learn more about XMM before I can tell you what's needed.

thanks again

It is really simple to connect to the XMM database. I created an html export myself. Of course it's not that feature-rich like the "My Lil jukebox", but it's working. but I would be very happy, if "My Lil Jukebox" is supporting XMM...

Are there any plans or progress?

Best regards
ternot
TiRohn Posted - 07 Jan 2009 : 12:56:40
quote:
Originally posted by Alessio Viti

Hi Tirohn,

Can you zip it and send it to me? I will make test to fix the bug.

Thank you!

Alessio

You've got mail...
rhinoguy Posted - 07 Jan 2009 : 00:40:36
Couple of updates.
IMDB put "Children's" as the GENRE for a few movies, the ' has to be removed.
IMDB also puts in SPOOF/PARODY and the / is not valid.

in the popcornmediaportal.ini for the hard drive/usb/share/nfs I had to put another \ at the end of the emmpath, ie \\server\share\ in order for the software to find my iso's.

I'm still unable to run the detailed pages, but I'm getting individual movie pages so, I'm not sure what that check box does.

FYI
rhinoguy Posted - 06 Jan 2009 : 16:55:11
Has anyone got the Movie Portal to work? I'm of course having issues.

I ran it with the details page checked and the memory usage on my pc for the application went to 1.45gb and then the program stopped working (vista machine).

I then unchecked the details page and got a .net error in a query 'Genre='CHILDREN'S ORDER BY Year DESC'
syntax error(missing operator) in query expression.

So the program isn't working for me. I know the source code is included but, ImageReflect Reference isn't included or how to get it.

Anyone have any suggestions?
Alessio Viti Posted - 06 Jan 2009 : 16:41:33
Hi Tirohn,

Can you zip it and send it to me? I will make test to fix the bug.

Thank you!

Alessio
TiRohn Posted - 06 Jan 2009 : 16:27:17
hi there

I also moved away from Movie Collector because of the same reason (they only source their own database for informations). Now I imported my collection, but the following fields didn't come with the import:
- price
- purchase date

As well the purchase price field shows only one digit behind the comma, when typing in manually. I think this should be 2 digits, will this be updated somewhen?

Regards and thanks in advance,
TiRohn
Alessio Viti Posted - 29 Dec 2008 : 17:50:13
Hi,

You mean dor PopCorn, right?

you can found the instructions here:

http://www.alibri.it/NMTAddicted/Index.htm

Alessio
rhinoguy Posted - 29 Dec 2008 : 17:00:58
ok, i need some help.

Where's the "plugin page"? so I can look at the instructions.

Thanks, sorry for being dense.
Alessio Viti Posted - 22 Dec 2008 : 22:06:05
Hi!

The automatic integration is not ready yet, but there are instructions on how to make it work (the link is on the plugin page).

I cannot help you more because i haven't a popcorn yet, so i cannot test it

Thank you!!

Ciao!
tankalf Posted - 22 Dec 2008 : 00:09:07
Hello Everybody.

I'm very happy to see an Italian project so famous in the world !!

Congratulation Alessio Vitti ! Very awesome job.

Tomorrow I want to buy this awesome program. I have just bought a new Popcorn Hour for Christmas, and I would like to install My Lil jukebox interface.

Is there any news about integration between XMM and My Lil? Is it possible to start using XMM? I hope really yes...

I will waiting for good news.

And Merry Christmas to everyone !!

Carlo
Alessio Viti Posted - 14 Dec 2008 : 07:40:11
Hi Daven

Can you ZIP your XML and send it to me? As you know, I have make the import function yesterday, so need to be improved. With your file will be more easy for me understand where catch the data.

You can send it to alessioviti -at- binaryworks.it

I can work on this tomorrow morning.

Thank you,

Alessio
daven Posted - 14 Dec 2008 : 00:10:03
New to the program, just purchased. I imported Movie Collector db (all movies on DVD) today and have a problem. I use the episode fields in Movie Collector for scenes with a description for each. 2600 of 3000 were imported as TV shows (I'm thinking because the epispde field was filled in). Hope there is something easy to fix this. Like I said I'm a newbie so be easy on me.

Thanks

BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.08 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07