BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager (Rel. 7), No More Updates
 Information
 trying out emm but need help.

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Dred Posted - 24 Dec 2008 : 10:30:55
Ok so i have about 900 movies on my hard drive. I have output the folders to a txt file. some of the folder names had _ and sometimes missing the "the" in front of the title.. I tried to delete and correct all that stuff in notepad. So i imported the list. 50 max and ran a script following your videos i think i ran 2 or 3 scripts imdb and amazon and dvdempire.

Anyway it worked fine but it prompts me to select the right one on almost every movie. I understand no scanner can know everything but i was hoping it would scan for exact matches and get maybe half or most of the movies done without user interaction. Then at the end let me go through the ones it wasn't sure on.

Anyway i just want some tips to increase the accuracy of pulling the right movies by title maybe suggest what scripts i should be running. These are all DVD US movies. If you guys can get me going in the right direction i will pay for this program in a heart beat. I plan on importing all this into meedio on my htpc.

Thanks
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Alessio Viti Posted - 02 Jan 2009 : 16:22:06
Hi Dred,

quote:
Well i got confused on the join selected files. All its doing is detecting which movies have 2 seperate files and putting them in media list which is good. I thought it would actually convert 2 movies to a single avi file. Maybe this could be a feature later down the road

Ok, good suggestion, I will try to make such function to "Join" 2 or more movies in the main Grid.

About the function to link automatically movies files, at this time there isn't a way for do this. The best way is to create a new database and Scan your hard disk in search for movies.
I know that you have already enter all your movies on database and I am sorry, but there isn't really a way right now.

Can you please write me the name of movie files? I mean, are the name of the movie files like the movie title?

Alessio
Dred Posted - 02 Jan 2009 : 10:53:34
Well i got confused on the join selected files. All its doing is detecting which movies have 2 seperate files and putting them in media list which is good. I thought it would actually convert 2 movies to a single avi file. Maybe this could be a feature later down the road.

I was hoping you could give me some advice on how to link all the avi files to my movies. You see i entered in all these movies by text file and extered in the year for each movie and pulled it from imdb database. The problem is that the database does not point to any of the avi files for each movie. I was hoping i could scan my avi files and it would detect closest match or know where each avi file goes in my movie database. Right now when i scan all my movie avi files it simply adds 900 seperate movies. I have seen several free programs out recently that can read the avi information and accuratly detect each movie. Is this something you plan on improving?

Thanks
Alessio Viti Posted - 01 Jan 2009 : 11:22:23
Hi Dred,

the function try to join files by reading the movie filenale, but not all time it found it.

To check if 2 movies will be joined correctly it must be GREEN in the grid.

If 2 movies that must be joined are not green just select these 2 movie files and press the button "Join selected files to ONE movie" you will see the 2 movie files will became green and when you will add to XMM it will be joined.

Please let me know,

Alessio
Dred Posted - 01 Jan 2009 : 01:10:57
I recently noticed scan folders for movies in extreme movie manager (lol how did i miss this) anyway scanning files and it has a cool feature where it detects movies that can be joined into one file. well everytime i say join selected files to one movie nothing happens. Is there a way to get this to work? am i doing something wrong?
Dred Posted - 31 Dec 2008 : 23:27:33
So i used the xmm plugin for meedio and it does work but i get an error on loading meedio. My guess is that the last update for this plugin was over a year ago and the plugin only seems mention version 5 not 6. So i was wondering if anyone knew why or how i can fix this error.

The other question i have is that after importing the xmm database it does not know where the avi files are for each movie i have to enter them in manual 1 by 1. Is there a script or something in extreme movie manager i can run that would scan my movies directory and match the files with my database?

I have heard of scanners being able to read avi tags or somethign and pulling all the movie information from that.
Alessio Viti Posted - 26 Dec 2008 : 09:06:28
Hi Dred!

Thank you very much for your support!!

I am Italian, and I use the MYMOVIES script that has plot in Italian language and then IMDB Complete to import all other informations.

If you are native "english" you can directly use IMDB, because is the most complete and now also the covers are not bad (in the pas the quality of covers was not so high).

Maybe, when you have finish to import movies, you can use also MOVIEMISTAKES if you want add this interesting information.

For TV Shows the best is TV.COM, but also THETVDB is getting better and better (and is multi-language)

Finally, if you are a really movie-maniac, you can use THEMOVIEDB.ORG, that has tons of covers and fanart at ultra-high quelity

Bye!

Alessio
Dred Posted - 26 Dec 2008 : 00:03:14
Just wanted to let you know i bought the program.. Thanks for the simple advice. i assumed it was pulling the year listed in the title. i have since corrected all the year on my movies (took me about 2 hours.) but now its finding most of the movies on its own with the occasional question which is sooo much better. i am still trying import the database into meedio i actually did an early import to check it out and it worked but meedio didn't seem to know where the movies were just had the database listing all the movies.

Anyone familiar with importing 900 movies into meedio and having it link to all the movies correctly?

Also on scripts i been running imdb complete. when you guys manage your movies do you use any other scripts? Do you think imdb script is good enough?

Also i have about 90 hd movies and would like to get them identifed as such and pull the hd/bluray covers. but not sure what script to run.

Thanks for the all the help.
great program love the clean/ease of use interface and tutorial videos are a nice touch.
Alessio Viti Posted - 24 Dec 2008 : 12:31:42
Hi,

To better speed up the import there are some things you can do.

IMDB Script: with this script, if you insert in the database also the year of the movie the script will found automatically the right movie, for most of them.

If you have original DVD, you can also insert (maybe with a barcode scanner) the UPC/EAN code of the DVD, in this case will be easy import info from AMAZON.COM, AMAZOM.DE etc... and also from DVDEMPIRE.

After import this, you will have the year field filled, so you can use the IMDB script again (that will import movies automatically) to retrieve more data.

Feel free to write me if you need more help.

Thank you,

Alessio

BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.08 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07