BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager (Rel. 7), No More Updates
 Information
 Internet Down

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Kerrikko Posted - 02 Jan 2009 : 02:10:56
Caro Alessio,

My Internet conection is not good; sometimes it's ok, sometimes it's not. Every 5 minutes the line goes down...

...I am trying to update hundreds of movie cards, but the script just FREEZE when the connection goes down, and it NEVER comes back when the line is back.

I mean, can you put a few lines of code in the MagicScript Engine so that it can recover from a connection breakdown by itself ?

At this moment, I have quit XMM altogether and restart the program AND the MagicScript to do it all again EVERYTIME. Please put some kind of "monitoring" feature in the MagicScript, so that it can store the work it does and wait for a confirmed internet connection to take it from there.

And all by itself if possible.

Thank You and Hppy New Year !=)

PS - Is there another way to do this and I missed it ?
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Kerrikko Posted - 03 Jan 2009 : 19:55:06
It works !=)

Thanks a lot, this saves me a great deal of time while still having to work around the bug...

=)
Alessio Viti Posted - 03 Jan 2009 : 08:22:17
Hi Kerikko!

XMM save everytime the Directlink! If, for example, you have select 4 directlinks before that internet goesn down, you have to simply launch the BATCH Import to finish importing.

I mean, go in the Internet button in the main toolbar -> Select "Re-Update from internet again..."

Please let me know,

Alessio
Kerrikko Posted - 03 Jan 2009 : 03:28:42
...a simple way to do this would be to give us the possibility to DIRECTLY GO TO THE UPDATE FROM THE INTERNET page, instead of having to SELECT SOURCE LINK even when it's already there...

Basically, if we could just SAVE THE DIRECTLINK selected on the SELECT SOURCE phase of the update, we should not have to choose it again and again everytime there is a crash on the UPDATE FROM THE INTERNET phase of the update...

Just a suggestion...

Problem is still there, but it's not connected to the internet connection; as per details on the BUG forum...

THANKS !=)
Alessio Viti Posted - 02 Jan 2009 : 16:23:30
Hi,

At this time there ins't such "control" inside XMM.

Please download the latest release 6.6.9.0, i have fix some things on Engine. Of course is not a solution for your problem, but I want know how new engine "works" on these situations.

Thank you,

Alessio

BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.07 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07