BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager (Rel. 7), No More Updates
 Information
 Problem with Media Browser

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
blumsden Posted - 03 Jan 2009 : 16:25:59
I have a problem using Media Browser in Vista Media Center. I can get the opening page in the Media Browser plugin to display all the movies in my database. However, when I click on a movie poster to show more information, it doesn't display the metadata, but only displays links a shortcut to the movie files like this:

It seems that Media Browser is ignoring the xml files completely even though I have imdb.xml and mymovies.xml in the mediacenterdir folder.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
myhtpc Posted - 24 Mar 2010 : 06:21:42
Hi Alessio,

one month and no comment ;-(

I believe there are a lot of WMC (Win7 Media Center) Users out there and more to come who are looking for a solution to integrate XMM into it.

The combination with Media Browser could be awesome, but XMM should then support the features being described by shaurya and EvEs0r.

You have started the road to MediaBrowser already with your PlugIn, but that doesn't seem to be enough.

Please give us your thoughts on this as soon as possible !

myhtpc
myhtpc Posted - 25 Feb 2010 : 15:10:47
Hi Alessio Viti,

I just bought XMM this week to manage my movies stored on the WHS.

I believe Media Browser is quite popular and it still doesn't seem to work with XMM. All the suggestions of shaurya and EvEs0r make absolutely sense !!! to be really integrated with MB.

It is now have a year gone, so I think it's worthwhile to come back with the question:

Could / will you implement these suggestions (store files in moviefolders) ? ? ?

Thanks a lot for a fast feedback

cheers from good old Germany
myhtpc
Ulli Posted - 11 Aug 2009 : 22:06:26
ok, i found the prob by myself:

the files who doesn't work are an a network device and i linked it via \\nas\movies\....
if i remapped the device with a drive letter like n:\movies\... it works.

hope you can fix it ;)
Ulli Posted - 11 Aug 2009 : 14:14:55
Hi,

i have a problem with Media Browser. I did the following steps:

- create new database
- import two files
- import the informations with scripts
- reinitialize Database
- did the two movies showing up in MC with cover
- when i click at one item an empty page is shown:

I use Windows 7 64bit, eMM 7.0.4.3 and MCE_Media_Browser_2.1.1.

Any ideas?

best regards,
ulli
EvEs0r Posted - 09 Aug 2009 : 12:24:49
Isn't it possible to add the MovieID only when the name is duplicate then? Should be doable...
Alessio Viti Posted - 07 Aug 2009 : 09:16:14
Yes, can be possible, the problem is if you have 2 movies with the same title, in that case both movies will have the same subfolder and then will not be created correctly.

Let me know,

Alessio
EvEs0r Posted - 05 Aug 2009 : 18:09:32
Hey,

Would it also be possible to add an option which doesn't add the MovieID to the foldername of the Mediadir?

Thank!
shaurya Posted - 11 Feb 2009 : 16:26:15
Hello Alessio,

Would you be implementing the feature to allow Mediabrowser to work with movies stored in Hard drive any time soon. MediaBrowser went thru 4 or 5 version however XMM continues to have the problem and the much hyped Mediabrowser addon to XMM is of no use for movies stored in Computer hard drive.

Regards, Shaurya
shaurya Posted - 01 Feb 2009 : 17:20:54
Sounds good. Thanks

Regards, Shaurya
Alessio Viti Posted - 01 Feb 2009 : 08:07:39
Hi,

I am back just now, it was a really terrible week

I have start to work on it, but I really don't know how many days I need.

I will keep you informed also by email, maybe by sending you new exe files.

Thank you!

Alessio
shaurya Posted - 31 Jan 2009 : 14:04:16
Hello Alessio,

Any update?

Regards, Shaurya
Alessio Viti Posted - 14 Jan 2009 : 18:59:48
Thank you Shaurya! I have got it.

I will be really busy until the end of next week, but from 25 January we can work toghether to find finally a solution.

Thank you again,

Alessio
shaurya Posted - 14 Jan 2009 : 16:06:52
No prob. I understand. I want to work with you and would like to see xmm be the best collection software with decent interface (import/export) for all of the most popular HTPC software that I PLAY AROUND WITH.

Just sent you an email regarding the issue with xml with the newest version.
Regards, Shaurya.
Alessio Viti Posted - 14 Jan 2009 : 07:26:38
Hi Shaurya,

please don't hate me, but I haven't take a look yet, I was really busy these days.

I hope to find some time next days..

Alessio
shaurya Posted - 13 Jan 2009 : 08:16:49
Hello Alessio,

Any update?

Regards, Shaurya
shaurya Posted - 08 Jan 2009 : 20:27:13
Hello Alessio,

OK I now understand the reason to create the _mediacenterdir..its for people who have cd/dvd not in hdd. fair.

Now for media browser....The fake or little avi was my test.
Here is what XMM needs to do

XMM need to store the metadata files with the movies, so you should end up with the following in each movie folder:-

movie.avi - Actual movie file
folder.jpg - has to be this name, this is picked up as the coverart
backdrop.jpg - has to be this name, is used for the background picture when going into the details for the movie
mymovies.xml - has to be this name, this is picked up as the details for the movie

So if movies are stored in folder like
//server/movie/True Lies/true lies.mkv
//server/movie/Matrix/matrix.avi

then the XMM would perform its logic so that the net result is that the each movie folder has the following files.
//server/movie/True Lies/true lies.mkv, folder.jpg, backdrop.jpg, mymovie.xml
//server/movie/Matrix/Matrix.avi, folder.jpg, backdrop.jpg, mymovie.xml

Cover for True lies is now in True Lies folder with name folder.jpg
Fanart (or backdrop) is now in True Lies folder with name backdrop.jpg
True Lies's metadata in xml fomat is now in True Lies folder with name mymovie.xml

If a user has more than 1 main folder or 1 hdd to store movies then the myvideo in my media center pc will contain a .vf file that has entries to each main movie folder like

folder: //server/disk1/movie
folder: //server/disk2/movie

Currently XMM creates the .vf file that links to the _mediacenterdir, which is good for offline movie in DVD/HDD. So you need to check the movie's detail information in XMM. if for True Lies file1-file6 fields are empty then it means its an offline media and the existing implementation in XMM is good. If the file1-file6 fields has the file location information in file1 field then add the media browser related information as described in above paragraph into each movie folder. And then check and update the .vf file in myvideos to ensure that the path for the movie location exists.

It seems that the above implementation used by another highly popular software mymovies.name and has been adopted by not only Media Browser addon but also by another popular addon known as "Open Media Library". If you implemnet the process nicely then you can kill two birds with 1 stone.

Let me know if you need more information and we can talk over phone. Just PM me

Regards, Shaurya

Alessio Viti Posted - 08 Jan 2009 : 18:54:04
Hi shaurya,

Please sorry for my delay.

I have create the "_mediacenterdir" for all people that haven't the collection in the Hard Disk but in CD/DVD, so they can "see" the collection also in Media Browser.

So, if I have understand correctly, Media Browser WANT a movie file in the folder (also a fake, or little, but It want a file .avi inside the folder). Have I understand correctly?

Thank you,

Alessio
shaurya Posted - 08 Jan 2009 : 16:12:06
quote:
Originally posted by shaurya

Hello Alessio,

Any solution..I have posted this issue on the TGB forum. Lets see. I think the problem is XMM is not providing any mechanism to let VideoBrowser know where the movie files are.

http://thegreenbutton.com/forums/permalink/323705/324046/ShowThread.aspx#324046

Hello Alessio,
Just received the response here at TGB
http://thegreenbutton.com/forums/permalink/324221/324207/ShowThread.aspx#324207

basically the metafile needs to be stored with the media. Can you please implement it real quick and I can test it out.

So rather than storing metadata for example database in example_mediacenter, store the metadata for each movie with each movie in the actual movie folder.

Please implement it real quick and I will test it out.

Regards, Shaurya
shaurya Posted - 08 Jan 2009 : 15:54:08
Hello Alessio,

I have to disagree to some extent although I could be wrong.
XMM is not providing any pointer to actual media file for Video browser. How is video browser supposed to know where the media files are.

The .vf file created in the myvideo folder points to the metadata folder (under database folder) created by XMM. But there is no link b/w these metadata folders for each movie to the actual movie folder.

Regards, Shaurya
Alessio Viti Posted - 08 Jan 2009 : 08:04:21
Hi,

please sorry very much for my late reply!

I haven0t fix it yet, I hope to find a way soon. I think the problem is related to "special" characters, like german Umlaute, that cause Media Browser to not show the info of the movie.

Thank you again!

Alessio

BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.17 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07