BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager (Rel. 7), No More Updates
 Information
 single database multiple computers?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
erich Posted - 14 Apr 2010 : 04:39:53
Im sure this has been asked before but with the newer versions maybe something has changes so i will ask again.

is it possible to have a database on one computer and share that database with other computers running the same version of XMM without having to copy that database to all the different computers?

please advise.

erich
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
JustME Posted - 21 Apr 2010 : 17:33:09
yep that would work...I actually run it on a couple of computers and simply run a batchfile to transfer everything to the other PC when I am done updating mine. but you could share it from one PC if you want.....you can also setup a webpage with your contents and then just access the web page from the other PC....depends what you want to do :-)
erich Posted - 21 Apr 2010 : 07:55:32
humm so i would have to log out of each computer before i could log into the database with another computer? would that work?? - even though i would prefer leaving my main system logged into the database.
JustME Posted - 20 Apr 2010 : 22:32:54
Its just an access database so you can use it from multiple PC's...it will create a lock file though that must be deleted if you can't open it from another PC.
You CANNOT have multiple people accessing it at the same time though (unless things have changed)...but one at a time should be OK.

BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.07 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07