BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager (Rel. 7), No More Updates
 Information
 REQ: MovieID Renumbering Issues & Covers fix

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
nehickel Posted - 21 Oct 2010 : 03:11:21
I'd like to make a request for the following issues to be addressed.

ISSUES:
During the use of the Advanced Tools | Collection Maintenance | MovieID Renumbering Processes, only the movie filename receives a new MovieID number, The front and back cover filenames within the record for that movie still retain the initial or old MovieID value. This is also true of the filenames of those images on the hard drive.

When using the Tag _MOVIEBACKCOVER_ the filename returned contains the old MovieID number that was assigned to the movie when it was first loaded into XMM. However the _MOVIE_COVER_ Tag somehow generates the updated filename with the correct MovieID number even though the filename in the database also has the initial pre-renumbering MovieID value. This is a Issue.

One other issue is both the Front and Back cover thumbnails and larger images on the hard drive (HDD) as well as their paths stored within the database are all in .jpg format. The tag _MOVIE_COVER_ returns a filename with the extension .png while the Tag _MOVIEBACKCOVER_ retunrs a filename with the extension .jpg. This is a Issue.

RECOMMENDATIONS:
Based on the above issues, I'd like to propose that the XMM application do the following:

1) Convert the Front and Back Cover thumbnails & large files
automatically to .png format during the initial download
process.

2) Change the MovieID Renumbering process to include changing
the filenames of the Front & Back Cover thumbnails & larger
files on the HDD and within XMM to the same MovieID values
as that of the movie.

This should take care of the tag _MOVIEBACKCOVER_ but I'm not sure what the impact would be on the _MOVIE_COVER_ tag and the My Little NMT Export tool as well as the OnEx Tool.

If there are any questions, I'd be happy to go into more detail.

Thanks,
Norm

BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.06 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07