BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager (Rel. 7), No More Updates
 Information
 New User, having problems.

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Fish-Man Posted - 30 Oct 2010 : 17:07:43
Hi,
I have a small bunch of problems, and I was wondering if anyone here can give me a bit of guidance.
I have imported some of my DVD's and used the script AMAZON.CO.UK.txt to update the info, and get all the other useful "stuff".

Screen Capture of XMM: http://www.burford-house.com/images/Capture.jpg

Unfortunately, I have a few problems:
1. All of the titles have got - "The Title" then, - [DVD] [2000] Amazon.co.uk: List of actors.... etc. etc.
2. Most of the "Plot" categories have the date, Length, Studio, Region, etc. rather than the plot.
3. I don't have ANY Back Covers, and if I scroll through the Picture View Covers, there isn't one there either. I have also tried IMDB and MOVIEPOSTERSDB, but I don't get a back cover from them either.
4. ALL of the UPC codes are wrong.

Also, is there any way to force the update script to fill in the "Media" box with the correct media ie. VHS, DVD, Blu-Ray, etc. ? as mine are all blank.

Thanks & regards,
Paul

Win 7 x64
XMM 7.0.9.5
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
nehickel Posted - 10 Nov 2010 : 07:15:33
As I understand it most Scripts are contributed by various forum members and are included in the distribution as being functional for that specific moment in time and based upon what they've tested it for. I've had a case once where a script I was using worked perfectly... except in the US. But the developer didn't live in the US so he never noticed that an adjustment was needed depending upon the users location. So not all released scripts are perfect. Then you have the target sites for the Scripts. Sites like IMDB make changes to their site fairly frequently. The larger the site, the more frequent the changes. Keep in mind that all that scripts do is to capture a web page and try to read it into various fields. It's basically a screen scraper. It only takes one minor change to the screen to throw everything off.

As for your list of issues, starting with

1) I know that how you have the name of the movie formatted when you feed it into XMM, will effect the results. I myself store all of my Video as files on a hard drive. Not all the characters used in a movie title are not valid for a Windows filename. SO I have to feed into the search the correct title even though the XMM record is different.

2) This sounds like a real script issue but I'm not an expert. Use the Magic Script Editor and see who wrote it. Perhaps you can appeal to them directly or at least learn any nuances related to the script.

3) No Back Covers is not XMM's problem. If the site your searching doesn't have a back cover for the movie your searching, then your not going to get a Back Cover from them. I've had to, on rare occasions, scan in my on Back Covers.

4) The UPC codes you get are from the records you selected from the list of movie records found during the internet search. If you select a US site, you'll get a US UPC. Sometimes, like 30 minutes ago, I have to find the correct UPC code myself and manually enter it. The correct UPC code will connect you to the correct movie more often than the title will.

Hope that helps.

Norm
Fish-Man Posted - 08 Nov 2010 : 11:35:27
Hi,
I have found that DVDEmpire and IMDB (Complete) get me most of the covers, but a lot of the other things, are a problem with amazon.co.uk.txt script. (I have opened a seperate thread on that).
The main issue for me, using the likes of IMDB, DVDEmpire, MoviePosters, etc., is that they all default to the USA version of the films, which then gives me the wrong UPC, Region, Covers, etc. (I am in the UK).
Yes, I could go through all the entries, and manually change the wrong fields, but that defeats the object of the program and scripts.

Regards,
Paul
JustME Posted - 01 Nov 2010 : 18:22:13
I can't speak to that script, but download the latest IMDB scripts (complete and fastest) and then update a few of your movies with the info from them. as a web site changes, the scripts may not have been fixed yet. I know those two are currently good...Script issues usually get posted below but try one of those new scripts and then report back
Fish-Man Posted - 01 Nov 2010 : 13:15:18
Please, can someone help me ?

BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.09 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07