BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager (Rel. 7), No More Updates
 Information
 Nod32 Antivirus and XMM

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Decadence Posted - 22 Nov 2010 : 01:11:59
For the last 3 builds of XMM I am getting this error when XMM tries to search for update: " The remote server returned an error:(403) Forbidden. I press ok and then it pops again and again until I close the program. Disabling the antivirus solves the problem temporarily but it's not a solution.I have enabled XMM in the firewall but the problem is originated with Nod32 antivirus. Maybe I could add some exception to it if only I knew what I have to add in exceptions.So far I tried **binaryworks.it** with no luck.
Any help would be appreciated.
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
nehickel Posted - 12 Dec 2010 : 02:32:02
I'm not a ZoneAlarm expert but here's what I think is happening. Everytime a new release of XMM is installed, ZoneAlarm is automatically setting the .exe file(s) to "No Internet Access". You will need to either set ZoneAlarm to prompt you when a new application tries to access the Internet or manually go in and update the exclusion list. The first option is the best because you will have the ability to select which application that you add will have Internet access. So find where you can control individual file access and there is where your solution is.

Norm
Alessio Viti Posted - 27 Nov 2010 : 15:42:34
Hello,

I have made some changes in the next release. I hope to put online today or tomorrow, please let me know.

Ale
Decadence Posted - 22 Nov 2010 : 08:32:35
In order to avoid the message when XMM starts I unchecked the "check for updates automatically".
As far as I recall I was having an error msg when running liveupdate in the previous build, something about
Antivir and Zonealarm. Today though Liveupdate run just fine. I will meddle more with this when there is an actual
update and I will report back.
Alessio Viti Posted - 22 Nov 2010 : 06:41:54
Thank you for report that!

I will try to see whats wrong and maybe find a solution.

Do you have this problem only when you launch the LiveUpdate?

Ale

BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.07 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07