BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager (Rel. 7), No More Updates
 Information
 ISO Mount Question

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
jesusjordan Posted - 09 Feb 2011 : 06:01:17
Hey guys, I have a bit of a problem and it's not necessarily with XMM. I have a 1TB external hard drive (G:) with all my movies connected to my HTPC. On that computer I have installed the latest version of XMM and Media Browser. In my external hard drive I have movie file types of all kinds from (.AVI, .MKV, .MP4, .ISO, etc) and they all play fine in Windows Media Center except the .ISO files. XMM makes a "mediacenterdir" and inside of each movie directory places a shortcut to the actual movie file on my external hard drive (G:). For some reason, Media Center can play all the other movie types except .ISO. I know you have to install Daemon Tools or Virtual Clone Drive to mount the ISO files and I have, but Media Center apparently cannot do anything with that shortcut when it comes to mounting. I tried copying the ISO file into the movie directory and it worked fine, however, I don't want to have to do that. I wanted to have all my music in one place and I cannot transfer all my movies to the hard drive of my HTPC because it's not big enough. I found someone online who had a similar situation and was told to make an MKLINK shortcut but I tried and the MKLINK only works on the same drive. Can you guys think of some way that I can keep my movies on my external hard drive and it work in Media Center? Worst case I think I can save my database on the external hard drive and with the mediacenterdir on the external, I can put the movie files in each movie directory but that would be tedious and I would like to avoid that if possible. Thanks for your help.
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
jesusjordan Posted - 10 Feb 2011 : 22:33:01
I really want to integrate my movie collection into WMC. I have almost all my movies showing their meta data and all the other video format files play from the shortcut except for the ISO. Any thoughts?
JDommi Posted - 09 Feb 2011 : 09:52:20
I don't have external drives nor Media Browser so I don't know I my answer is stupid.
I play all my movies with VLC inclusive ISOs. No need to install Daemon Tools or anything like that...

BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.07 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07