BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager (Rel. 7), No More Updates
 Information
 Data on external

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
kencr Posted - 18 Feb 2011 : 18:14:01
I'd like to use an external hard disk to store XMM data. Is it possible to install the program on my internal HD, and imported data on the external disk, or should I install everything on the external disk ??
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
JustME Posted - 25 Feb 2011 : 01:34:14
not really, I only maintain the master. Once the drive is full, everything is cataloged and then (using the exchange data between databases option)I copy each individual drive movie info to my master one. So the only one I "maintain" is the master, and only have to catalog each new drive as I add movies to it.
And once complete, it is only a one time copy of the info to the main one and then I start on filling up the next drive. The advantage is that I have several smaller databases that are complete and basically just storage for when I want a movie from the library
Pretty simple actually :-)
Odin Posted - 23 Feb 2011 : 13:47:31
quote:
Originally posted by JustME

I use several different drives and have each drive with a different volume label which comes in as the media label. I have a database for each drive and then one master that I bring all the info in for all the movies. I also assign a specific drive letter for each external so in theory I could have all of them connected at the same time (might be an issue if I get more than 25 drives though) :-(...
Planning at the start makes it easier in the future

Isn't that a lot of work? To maintain several databases?
JustME Posted - 19 Feb 2011 : 21:55:27
I use several different drives and have each drive with a different volume label which comes in as the media label. I have a database for each drive and then one master that I bring all the info in for all the movies. I also assign a specific drive letter for each external so in theory I could have all of them connected at the same time (might be an issue if I get more than 25 drives though) :-(...
Planning at the start makes it easier in the future
JDommi Posted - 18 Feb 2011 : 18:27:48
When you have started XMM you can load the database from every available location.

BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 6.79 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07