BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager (Rel. 7), No More Updates
 Information
 How to name my Folders and Movies?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
iceman67 Posted - 14 Apr 2011 : 14:51:57
Newbi here! Just bought the program and I'm excited to get started. I have over 1000 movies on a hard drive and use Media Center with Media browser. I was going to go through and rename all the folders so it can easily download the correct info from like IMDB. I tested trying to name them exactly the way IMDB has them hoping for a quick match. Well it works 4 of of 5 times but I'm hoping to have a higher hit ratio. Whats the best way to name your folders/movies? Am I going about this all wrong? Please and thanks for any imput!
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
JustME Posted - 18 Apr 2011 : 02:33:08
One more thing I have in each folder is a link to the IMDB link of the film. That is from my old way of doing it as you can just click on it too from whatever player you are watching it from and get the info.
EMM does that already, but that came from my old way of doing it before I had EMM and is still handy
iceman67 Posted - 15 Apr 2011 : 22:58:13
Now that is good info! Thanks!
JustME Posted - 15 Apr 2011 : 20:35:39
I use the IMDB name on the folder and for the movie. don't use character such as ' or : just to prevent issues.
I also create a text file in each folder with the same name as the movie.
Inside the text file, paste the IMDB link. Save the text file and then replace the file extension with .nfo
so it would be Star Trek.txt renamed to Star Trek.nfo
When EMM scans your drive for movies, it reads the imdb link and place it in Custom Field 8.
Set the IMDB update to use the first direct link and you will import everyone correctly every time.
Does that help?
Also ensure that your volume label makes sense on the drive as it will read that as the Media Label and if you have multiples it makes it nice to sort them.
If it is an external drive, connect by DriveLetter too as it will prevent issues in the future.
apd Posted - 14 Apr 2011 : 19:09:42
If you have the correct year in the filename
(like: "Star Frek - 1912.avi" )
and you import with "Scan disk", XMM places it directly in the year field and when you run the IMDB script, this increases the chances for a correct guess.

Sounds good? It is; but this is as smart as it gets with importing movies. Episodes is much better, but Alessio has not implemented the same filters for movie importing.

BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.08 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07