BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager (Rel. 7), No More Updates
 Scripts
 IMDB import fails

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
ukirgoz Posted - 02 Jan 2007 : 16:28:04
Hi;

Firstly I want to say that I have been using the latest version (5.6.0.8)

When I try to import information by using IMDB scripts, it freezes, but in other scripts like amazon there is no problem.

Any information about that...

tHansk...
17   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
drmitsos Posted - 09 May 2007 : 14:13:13
Hi Alessio,
I have the same problem with selected movies. E.g. Eight Below causes imdb scripts to crash, but other scrips work fine!

Other scripts work fine, e.g. allmovies.

Dimitris.
jkajfes Posted - 12 Apr 2007 : 07:46:34
I still can't figure out why this program is bombing or hanging up. according to the Kapersky firewall it has access to the internet. I'm running xp with sp2 installed and all the proper updates...

what needs to be supplied to help you or anyone to trouble shoot this?

I'm about ready to give up on the program after the number of crashes or hangs...
jkajfes Posted - 11 Apr 2007 : 08:00:16
using extreme movie manager 5.7.9.0 and when attempting to grab info from IMDB with the imdb.com(fastest).txt the import engine freezes required a ctrl/alt/del to kill the app and then restart.
after the restart same thing continues to happen...
this is not good?
Alessio Viti Posted - 03 Feb 2007 : 23:10:00
Hi,

I really don't know what to say. I have try everything but I cannot find the bug. I have try just now the last movie you wrote and I have imported it without any problems.

What OS do you have?

Alessio
ukirgoz Posted - 03 Feb 2007 : 14:48:37
I tried to install EMM latest version to a fresh installed windows, but it's same, problem goes on, the movies which include spaces in movie names fails in IMDB import... :(

For example "Beyond The Wall of Sleep"
Alessio Viti Posted - 16 Jan 2007 : 20:44:08
Seem that you have connection problem (the first message), this is why you receive the second error.

I don't know what to say, I have finish just now a massive import (100+ movies) and no problems at all.

Firewall or bandwidth are OK?

Alessio
racto Posted - 16 Jan 2007 : 04:19:02
quote:
Originally posted by Alessio Viti

Hi Rodrigo,
Please write me a movie title that is not working. I have try just now "Matrix" and the plot is OK.
Thank you!
Alessio

Any movie!
Last one: "lone wolf and cub - baby cart at the river styx". The engine stops with the error "El servidor ha cometido una infraccion de protocolo. Section=ResponseStatusLine5". The Download monitor is showing the address "http://www.imdb.com/Plot?0068816". When i click on the error message comes another "Error downloading #OPENNEWWEBPAGE#, are you still connected to internet?" then continues downloading the rest.
Bye.

Ps. I'm using xmm with english language. Windows is in spanish. The first error comes in spanish, the second in english. strange.

Rodrigo Carvajal
Alessio Viti Posted - 15 Jan 2007 : 20:27:54
Hi Rodrigo,

Please write me a movie title that is not working. I have try just now "Matrix" and the plot is OK.

Thank you!

Alessio
racto Posted - 15 Jan 2007 : 19:31:59
quote:

Hi,
I really don't know what to say. I have make several tests today on my PC and I haven't got any problem or error message. Anyone else continue to have this kind of problems?
Alessio

Hi.
Now using v5.7 the problem is gone...
But the plot is not downloaded. It shows an error. It seems to me that the "imdb.com/plot?#38#" is not found. Can you check it?
Bye.

Rodrigo Carvajal
Alessio Viti Posted - 10 Jan 2007 : 22:41:36
Hi,

I really don't know what to say. I have make several tests today on my PC and I haven't got any problem or error message. Anyone else continue to have this kind of problems?

Alessio
racto Posted - 10 Jan 2007 : 02:31:12
quote:

Hi guys,

this is strange, I have test it just now in my pc and seem to work correctly.
Please try to edit the IMDB Script (with a text editor) and add this line in the header:
#REPLACESPACES#=+
Let me know if works.
PS What OS and IE do you have?

It doesn't work. And it seems like the IMDB script is also skiping the plot info. (it's marked)
Using WinXP Pro + Opera + (IE6)
Thank you!

Rodrigo Carvajal
Alessio Viti Posted - 09 Jan 2007 : 23:12:16
Hi guys,

this is strange, I have test it just now in my pc and seem to work correctly.

Please try to edit the IMDB Script (with a text editor) and add this line in the header:

#REPLACESPACES#=+

Let me know if works.

Thank you,

Alessio

PS What OS and IE do you have?
racto Posted - 09 Jan 2007 : 15:27:29
quote:
Originally posted by ukirgoz

I am not sure but I noticed that long movie names seem to cause this problem. When I try to update "Matrix" there is no problem but when I try "Keeping Up with the Steins" it freezes...

Great! If try one word the engine works all right. If you try two or more words the engine crashes. (a single space before or after the word doesn't mind).

Rodrigo Carvajal
ukirgoz Posted - 09 Jan 2007 : 06:52:33
I am not sure but I noticed that long movie names seem to cause this problem. When I try to update "Matrix" there is no problem but when I try "Keeping Up with the Steins" it freezes...
racto Posted - 04 Jan 2007 : 14:10:18
Hi Alessio.
I'm having this problem too.
The MagicScript windows freezes. If i try to close i get "Please wait until all procedures are terminated before close this window".
Bye.

Rodrigo Carvajal
ukirgoz Posted - 03 Jan 2007 : 05:32:43
As seen in the Screen Shot when I try to import via IMDB script it hangs, I cannot stop that process in any way, except killing process with task manager.It completely freezes EMM.

I donot know why but this occurs in only IMDB import

http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/8668/ss2yh2.jpg
Alessio Viti Posted - 02 Jan 2007 : 21:16:58
Hi,

Maybe the IMDB server was down, have you problem also now? because I have test it and seem to be OK.

Alessio

BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.09 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07