BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager (Rel. 7), No More Updates
 Scripts
 DVD Cover - Help!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Sonny Posted - 29 Oct 2010 : 04:58:43
Hi, I have been extremely frustrated trying to keep a database of a lot of movies updated. I'm struggling to come to grips with XMM. I have been able to download all the required information on movies but I need a script that would allow me to download only dvd covers from IMDB.COM or another similar site in English. I would be most grateful if someone (anyone?) would be kind enough to assist me. Many thanks. Sonny
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
JDommi Posted - 01 Nov 2010 : 18:54:20
On updating you have an option to automatically select all movies without a cover, too. Seems to be easier than JustMe's tip. But many ways go to Rome ;)
JustME Posted - 01 Nov 2010 : 18:25:21
and when looking at scripts, pick the one for covers only. I use IMDB exclusively but when it doesn't have covers I use the amazon one...and picking just the picture works well.
Also create your view to show the cover link and then sort on that field. All the ones you need will be blank so easy to select that group>right click and select update
Prinz Posted - 29 Oct 2010 : 22:03:40
Open the Web-Import Dialog.

Select the Script you would like to use.

Click on the Show Advanced Settings Button:

Right Click in the Field list: (Choose Select None)

Scroll the List down to Pictures and Select it:

Now click the Start Button.

Sonny Posted - 29 Oct 2010 : 21:50:17
To JDommi and Prinz. Thank you. I appreciate your advice and would dearly love to be able to do just that. @Prinz. Would it be possible for you to explain (step by step) exactly how to deactivate all fields with the exception of the pictures in advanced script? That is exactly what I have been trying to achieve but lack the intelligence/knowledge to achieve it . I understand that is a lot to ask but perhaps I'm not the only inept user that would benefit from your experience. Many thanks. Sonny
Prinz Posted - 29 Oct 2010 : 09:56:11
Or any other Movie Script (for example: themoviedb.com(API)) and just deactivate all Fields with the exception of the Pictures Field in Advanced Script Options.
JDommi Posted - 29 Oct 2010 : 08:40:53
AMAZON.COM, IMPAWARDS, MOVIEGOODS COM, MOVIEPOSTERDB.COM, COVER-PARADIES, DARKTOWN.COM, FILMPOSTER-ARCHIV.DE.
Just test which of these "cover only" scripts fit your wishes...

BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.06 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07