BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager (Rel. 7), No More Updates
 Scripts
 IMDB.COM (Complete)Title Search Problem

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Rincewind Posted - 19 Oct 2011 : 08:26:51

The script has had a problem for a month or two which seemed to start when IMDB displayed a dropdown selection of movies when you type a title in the search box.

The Symptoms are
1. If the script does not find a single exact match, there is no text in the list of movies that you click to select the right one
(A work around it to look up the movie manually and then change the title to the IMDB reference number e.g tt123456)

2. Occasionally, the import process fails and a message "Error downloading the #OPENWEBSLOT1#, are you still connected to the internet. Check Firewall etc" appears. It actually appears twice and then the script skips to the next movie. When this happens "IMDB Title Search" appears in the Title and Original title field and a number of other fields are left blank.
It most recently happened trying to import using the title "Phase 7 (2010)". 5 other movies in the same import worked OK

Anyone else got this problem? Is there a fix?
TFAI

2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Rincewind Posted - 19 Oct 2011 : 22:33:36
Sorry tt123456 was just an example of what I meant by IMDB reference number; it was not meant the movie with which I was having the problem. An example of the movie which causes problems is Phase 7 with number tt1568816 which is not, AFAIK, adult. Full details are
1. The Title field contained Phase 7 (2011) B
2. The script searched and produced some entries with no text
3. I change the title to Phase 7 (2011) and searched again
The fault occurred as described
Prinz Posted - 19 Oct 2011 : 19:45:20
Just tested it and it's working here.

But the movie you tried tt123456 doesn't work without the IMDB reference number, because it's a Adult Movie and Adult Movies don't show up search results.

That is a protection on the IMDB website: https://resume.imdb.com/help/show_leaf?adultmatches

BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.07 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07