Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager (Rel. 7), No More Updates
 Suggestions / New Features
 Another new NMT Template plus self locating script
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

nehickel

USA
265 Posts

Posted - 16 Jun 2010 :  05:57:41  Show Profile  Visit nehickel's Homepage  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hello,

I have created a NMT theme called “Stellar Beginnings”, which I like to make available to this forum along with a VBS script I put together for it that I’ll discuss in a minute. I created a NMT theme because I carry a copy of all of my videos on a WD Passport Elite 1 TB USB hard drive and I needed a way to be able to review the XMM data, play the videos and do other things all while not having XMM with me. Basically I needed a completely stand-alone environment that would work everywhere. Even though I don’t have a Pop Corn or similar device, the NMT HTML creator does a great job of taking the XMM data and creating a stand-alone HTML environment once you have the right type of Template files. This is why I created Stellar Beginnings NMT template. Now back to the VBS script I mentioned before. Since I won’t know in advance what the drive letter will be for my USB hard drive when I connect someone else’s computer and since all the NMT HTML uses relative paths, I needed a way to determine the actual drive letter so I could run the HTML code. That’s what the VBS script does. It locates the location of the drive where the HTML Catalog is and then starts the Catalog (Movies.htm) up.

The following are some screen shots of the main screens of the Stellar Beginnings Theme. At the end are some of the notes about it along with the URL to download it.

Comments:
You are free to copy, distribute and modify any parts of this Theme or the VBS script, as long as you make your enhancements available to the forum and under the same guidelines.
If anyone has a list of tags that is more complete then what's available on the Wiki site, let me know.

Notes:
• This theme is a compilation of several of the themes that came with XMM 7.0.1.x.
• The HTML code for this theme has a fixed screen width of 1024. This will be changed in the future.
• The top level root directory that contains the video files is set to “Video_MOVIES”.
• The NMT HTML code created by the NMT Plugin should be stored in the top level root directory “Catalog”. This directory and the video directory should be on the same device.
• Once the NMT Plugin creates all of the HTML code, transfer the contents of the “export\Html\*.*” directory to the “Catalog\*.*” directory
• If you use the “Open_Movies_Catalog.vbs” script, it should be at the root level of the same device that holds the Catalog directory.

Location of Stellar Beginnings Theme is:

http://www.hickel.org/XMM-Theme/Stellar_Beginnings/Stellar_Beginnings_v04.zip

Good Luck,
Norm

deafvader

United Kingdom
76 Posts

Posted - 16 Jun 2010 :  07:12:48  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Looks good mate, but i can't find the vbs script.

D.
Go to Top of Page

nehickel

USA
265 Posts

Posted - 16 Jun 2010 :  21:54:17  Show Profile  Visit nehickel's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Sorry about that, I'll update the .ZIP file and make sure it's in there. May take a little time since I've got a hot job that (pays the rent) that I have to get to first... give me a couple hours...

Thanks,
Norm
Go to Top of Page

deafvader

United Kingdom
76 Posts

Posted - 17 Jun 2010 :  01:26:40  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
no problems, thanks in advance.
D.

Had a quick look at the fixed screen ratio 1024. If you use a 100% instead, it should change size to whatever screen ratio it displays on.
Go to Top of Page

nehickel

USA
265 Posts

Posted - 17 Jun 2010 :  22:52:07  Show Profile  Visit nehickel's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Actually I did the fixed ratio on purpose. It allowed me to fix the locations of all of the other graphical elements without having to worry about what happens when the size changes and those elements start moving around.

Norm
Go to Top of Page

MagicGenie
Starting Member

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 17 Jun 2010 :  23:45:51  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Where is the download?

Dennis Crew
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.17 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07