Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager 8, 9, 10 Forum
 Scripts
 Script(s) issue with importing Actors
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

Snowd0g
Starting Member

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 17 Nov 2012 :  04:39:50  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Since I have upgraded to version 8 and I try to add a new movie using a script, it doesn't import the actors from the movie into EMM8. I have checked the settings for the script that I choose and the Actor attribute is checked. It imports all the other attribute fields for the movie but "Starring".

Is there something else on version 8 that I have to turn on to import actors names?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 17 Nov 2012 :  10:41:39  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello,

What script are you using? because I have try just now with MYMOVIES and THEMOVIEDB.ORG and works

Alessio

http://www.facebook.com/pages/eXtreme-Movie-Manager/47220214342?ref=mf
Go to Top of Page

Snowd0g
Starting Member

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 20 Nov 2012 :  06:36:26  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Alessio,

I have an Adult move collection and I am trying to add movies from Xonair, CDUniverse, AdultDVDEmire(Adult), and IAFD using XMM8 with no luck. I have had some luck adding from IMDB with some movies. I am running on an authtenicated version. When I upgraded to XMM8, it left XMM7 on my PC. When I try to import data on XMM7 I still have no problems with the websites mentioned above. I also installed XMM8 on another PC that has never had XXM on it and get the same results. Thanks for any help.
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 21 Nov 2012 :  08:39:36  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thank you, I will try to take a look asap.

Ale

Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 21 Nov 2012 :  09:56:15  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
OK, I have upload 24 updated scripts... everything should work now...

Ale

Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 21 Nov 2012 :  10:18:09  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
OFDB still doesn't import actors...

By that way: The field name to import actors is called "Starring". I think you should better name it "Actors"!

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

Snowd0g
Starting Member

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 05 Dec 2012 :  06:01:42  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply

I updated XMM and still have the same problem with scripts not adding actors/actresses. So I tried on a machine that has never had XMM on it and the scripts except for one import the actors/actresses fine. So the issue is my machine. After upgrading XMM to version 8 should version 7 still be installed? Does XMM 8 uninstall 7? I have 2 directories eXtreme Movie Manager 7 and eXtreme Movie Manager 8. I will try to uninstall xmm8 and reinstall after renaming the xmm7 director

****The one script that won't import any movie is excaliberfilms. I manually put in movie nothing found. I go to excaliberfilms website and can find the movie.
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 05 Dec 2012 :  09:39:03  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
You can use both versions. But when you gave read a little in the forum you will see that XMM8 is still not full featured and bug free...

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.15 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07