Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager 8, 9, 10 Forum
 Information
 Size of the files
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

hergal79
Starting Member

21 Posts

Posted - 23 Nov 2012 :  15:51:22  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
When I import the database from XMM7 to 8, in "files tab" does not get the size of the files of the movies. I try to reread the file under Tools -> Collection maintenance -> movies ->Re-Read Codec but this function does not update the size. The only way I find is add back the movie files one by one.

hergal79
Starting Member

21 Posts

Posted - 11 Dec 2012 :  21:28:15  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Any solution to update the file info?
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 11 Dec 2012 :  21:32:40  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
In XMM7 there was the filesize? Then Ale has to check the importif it's not already fixed.

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 11 Dec 2012 :  21:54:00  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello Hergal,

What release of XMM 8 are you using? Have you try with the latest too?

Ale

http://www.facebook.com/pages/eXtreme-Movie-Manager/47220214342?ref=mf
Go to Top of Page

hergal79
Starting Member

21 Posts

Posted - 13 Dec 2012 :  03:27:34  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I recently installed the latest version. Anyway, I guess the important thing was the version I use to go from 7 to 8 which is where I lost information (8.0.2.5).
I just tried the option "reread codec" but still not update the size. Is that what I should do or is there another way?
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 13 Dec 2012 :  05:12:32  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I will check the re-read codec to see if read the size again.

Ale

Go to Top of Page

SlayeRaiN
Starting Member

USA
41 Posts

Posted - 13 Dec 2012 :  12:33:00  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
In old versions there was options like do not replace filesize if it exist or something. It was active by default so i always changed it when install program. Now i can't even find where is options r))
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 13 Dec 2012 :  13:30:54  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
It was related to Movie Length, that can be take from files or by Scripts.

In next release I have fix it.

Ale

Go to Top of Page

hergal79
Starting Member

21 Posts

Posted - 13 Dec 2012 :  17:57:15  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thanks Alessio.
Go to Top of Page

orlichf
Starting Member

Australia
7 Posts

Posted - 23 Dec 2012 :  01:25:41  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Alessio,
in which release will the filesize be fixed. I have just updated to 8.0.3.7 and it still is the same
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 23 Dec 2012 :  07:47:26  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Yes, the Re-Read codec should set the Movie Length correctly now.

The filesize is saved inside each Movie Link.

Please let me know,

Ale

Go to Top of Page

orlichf
Starting Member

Australia
7 Posts

Posted - 24 Dec 2012 :  00:23:52  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
It works. Many thanks Alessio. Re-reading the codecs puts in the new filesize
Go to Top of Page

hergal79
Starting Member

21 Posts

Posted - 28 Dec 2012 :  06:13:12  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
It works for me.
Thanks!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.15 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07