Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager 8, 9, 10 Forum
 Suggestions / New Features
 Watchdog for HDD
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

rick69

Germany
199 Posts

Posted - 23 Nov 2012 :  17:42:57  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hi

A watchdog for movies on HDD ar verry good to find canceled movies or erroneous data or exchange data.

example :

I move the movie "Blade" from folder "unseen" to Folder "seen".

D:\unseen\blade.avi to
D:\seen\blade.avi

EMM must this identifi

greetings rick

rick69

Germany
199 Posts

Posted - 05 Dec 2012 :  08:41:00  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
uninteresting ?
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 05 Dec 2012 :  09:52:52  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Well, that's a good idea. But not easy to implement. XMM has to compare with name (could be changed) and filesize (rare but can differ, too). Reading the codec info, I don't know, but there could exist different movies with same info. Maybe a hash checksum will resolve that. But then you have to generate it for all movies and you have to compare it with "no longer" existing movies in your database. As solution I would prefer a combination of the checksum and a manually comparison by a generated list where the user at the end of a scan has to chose which of those old/new movies really are the same.

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 06 Dec 2012 :  21:13:42  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello Rick,

Sorry for delay... have you add these 2 folders to Device Scanner? because XMM should automatically detect that you have move the file.

Please let me know,

Ale

http://www.facebook.com/pages/eXtreme-Movie-Manager/47220214342?ref=mf
Go to Top of Page

rick69

Germany
199 Posts

Posted - 18 Dec 2012 :  12:34:44  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
HI
Hilfe: Die Antwort kann ich nur auf Deutsch.

Überwachung funktioniert.
Vorraussetzung: der Laufwerksscanner ist beim Programmstart eingeschaltet.
Neue Filme werden sofort erkannt.
Ist keine Festplatte angeschlossen logisch, werden keine Fehlenden Filme erkannt.
stecke ich eine Festplatte an, dann zeigt XMM alle Filme der Nichtangeschlossenen Festplatten als fehlend an.
Mann müste die Erkennung (z.B. Medialabel) mit einbeziehen um auch nur die Filme der Angeschlossenen Festplatte zu bearbeiten.
Macht sonst keinen sinn

Danke Rick
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 21 Dec 2012 :  17:19:41  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello Rick,

Please let me know if you have add the two Folders:

D:\unseen\blade.avi to
D:\seen\blade.avi

in the Device Scanner configuration!

Ale

Go to Top of Page

rick69

Germany
199 Posts

Posted - 03 Jan 2013 :  14:29:36  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Ale
This funktion is very good .

Proplems:
when you have "duplicate Name"(movies)in the database and many harddrives
(to imply a request of MediaLabel, movie ID, Media, FileSize)for better Identify

Greetings and best wishes

rick69

i love your good work

Go to Top of Page

rick69

Germany
199 Posts

Posted - 07 Jan 2013 :  10:25:28  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Ale
I think it would be A singel button to find defunct movies on HDD is better.
When you to use many HDDs, you must say "scan (media-label)HDD to losed movies.

by rick
Go to Top of Page

rick69

Germany
199 Posts

Posted - 07 Jan 2013 :  16:33:23  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Proplems with move movies from HDD1 to HDD2.
The MediaLabel is from HDD1. The movie is on HDD2 (play movie is in funktion)

by rick
Go to Top of Page

JustME

371 Posts

Posted - 09 Jan 2013 :  19:49:35  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
so in my case I have multiple drives and they are all connected via USB.
They are all mapped as drive Z and only have the drive name different (External 1 to External 27 now).
If we scanned the drive every time it would show some as missing because the drive wasn't connected.
so this adds a complication to Ale to try to please everyone.
Originally I did each drive by a different drive letter but I ran out of options doing it that way..so scanning by media label (all different in my scenario) works fine....I also filter by media label
Go to Top of Page

rick69

Germany
199 Posts

Posted - 10 Jan 2013 :  07:55:42  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi
Genau: Die Sortierung der Filme sollte über MediaLabel erfolgen.
Der Laufwerksbuchstaben sollte als Variable programmiert werden.

by rick

Hi
Exactly: The sort of films should be about MediaLabel.
The drive letter should be programmed as a variable.

by rick

Edited by - rick69 on 10 Jan 2013 07:57:02
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 10 Jan 2013 :  11:35:42  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello Guys,

I will try to make some tests...

Ale

Go to Top of Page

rick69

Germany
199 Posts

Posted - 29 Jan 2013 :  17:35:35  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Ale

gibt es schon eine Idee?
Have you an idea?

greetings rick

Edited by - rick69 on 29 Jan 2013 17:37:29
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.18 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07