Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager 8, 9, 10 Forum
 Bug Reports
 Adding Actors Photos
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

leslei

84 Posts

Posted - 01 Dec 2012 :  08:18:43  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
After I Imported My Database I Am Unable to Get The Actors Photo

first I updated my Version 7 Database into Version 8

I have been able to import Photos If the Movie is Freshly Added , but if it was an old movie imported from version 7 it will not import Photos

I have 1400 movies and I don't want to start all over again

I have tried imdb , MovieDB , Amazon & A Few others

as I said earlier this only happens if I have IMPORTED MY DATABASE

Doing Fresh Updates Works OK

LES

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 01 Dec 2012 :  08:30:12  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello Leslei,

Have you this problem if you use the Script for Actors? Or just the script for Movies?

Have you check to import the Actors and Directors during Database conversion?

Ale

http://www.facebook.com/pages/eXtreme-Movie-Manager/47220214342?ref=mf
Go to Top of Page

leslei

84 Posts

Posted - 01 Dec 2012 :  09:04:43  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I have Tried With SCRIPT MANAGER With Select Default Script For People

But When I Try and do QUICK Updates Or Quick Updates With SCRIPT I Cannot Find The Actors Options

Unless I Am Doing Something WRONG

LES
Go to Top of Page

leslei

84 Posts

Posted - 02 Dec 2012 :  00:21:02  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I just went to the IMDB Website and check Movie Called SKYFALL It Has Photos for Most Of the Actors

I Set the Option For Magic script to Default Script Movies to Imdb
Complete.
Default Script for Actors to IMDB ACTORS

I have Just tried again to Download the Actor Photos With IMDB COMPLETE & FASTEST.
And I Get The Actors Data But Not The Photos

I also tried the Defaults for The moviedb.org and I get the Same

I also tried going Back to Earlier 8.0.22 , 8.0.25 and when I tried to use the Quick Scripts I Get Firewall Issues
Go to Top of Page

KCWhiteKnight

USA
202 Posts

Posted - 02 Dec 2012 :  01:03:44  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
When you select update and pick the IMDB complete, have you set the options of the right side to download the number of actors you want and scrolled down that list to check actor complete download? I had been testing the new scripts and they work fine for me.

It's on the right side of screen and says script options in 7 and in 8.

Edited by - KCWhiteKnight on 02 Dec 2012 01:07:44
Go to Top of Page

leslei

84 Posts

Posted - 02 Dec 2012 :  05:51:25  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I have Gone Back to SCRATCH I Moved My Old Database to Another Location

Uninstalled EMM 8.0.29
Reinstalled 8.0.29

Opened EMM

Went to Options and Made Sure MAGICSCRIPT was Set to IMDB Complete With 99 Actors set , And Also set for Complete DOWNLOAD

Set the Magic Script to IMDB ACTOR

Made New Database

Added 1 Movie Ect Death Race 2000 Year 1975

Emm start Updated and asks for Me to make sure movie is correct

emm does updates brings in Fan Art and around 30 Actors

But there is No Photos Imported

I have Just Gone Back to My OLD WINDOWS XP 32 Bit And I Works

If I Use On windows 8 X 64 It Don't Work

Edited by - leslei on 02 Dec 2012 07:52:03
Go to Top of Page

KCWhiteKnight

USA
202 Posts

Posted - 02 Dec 2012 :  16:53:44  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thanks for the additional information. I'm working on Windows 8 64bit as well and have the same situation you described. I will get back to you shortly as I'm in the process of downloading the newest emm8 and the new imdb scripts. I will check those out and then come back to your problem as mine was fixed. What virus protection are you using? A couple of them to not work with Windows 8 like McAfee's.
Go to Top of Page

leslei

84 Posts

Posted - 03 Dec 2012 :  00:19:36  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thanks for your Reply

I am Using QuickHeal
Go to Top of Page

KCWhiteKnight

USA
202 Posts

Posted - 03 Dec 2012 :  02:11:13  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Got everything installed and processes and ran into a few problems like you then it started working okay. I converted a database and that worked too. There is a another thread on the board where we are tracking results but should have something shortly.

I had major problems with McAfee and even more when I uninstalled it. There were issues around pictures and html code. I had to get a special uninstaller from their website to get rid of the rest of the stuff which is why I asked what you were using.

I'm not sure I have a technical answer to this yet but I did a clean install into a different directory under Win 8. Used Program Files (x86)\. That seems to be working for me.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.13 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07