Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager 8, 9, 10 Forum
 Bug Reports
 Media Labeling
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

mon1y

98 Posts

Posted - 11 Dec 2012 :  00:39:18  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Anyone have problem with the media labeling. I have 720p media being labeled as 1080p. The problem doesn't happen all the time, just occasionally since the last few updates.

yan00s

405 Posts

Posted - 11 Dec 2012 :  01:32:52  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
As far as I can tell XMM still uses MediaInfo 0.7.52 and does so since (XMM7) ages. Maybe Ale can update the distribution to a more recent MediaInfo version*. No idea if it would help (you).

Maybe you can give a little more detail about the files. What does MediaInfo http://mediainfo.sourceforge.net (stand-alone) says about 'em?

--
* This would go for IrfanView as well, BTW.

Go to Top of Page

mon1y

98 Posts

Posted - 11 Dec 2012 :  07:34:21  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
my latest MediaInfo 0.7.59 say it's a 720p and yet it read as a 1080p in
EMM8. I was looking back at EMM7 (which I haven't decommission) and it did the same read as 1080p. It's not really a problem just annoying.

Edited by - mon1y on 11 Dec 2012 07:43:11
Go to Top of Page

yan00s

405 Posts

Posted - 11 Dec 2012 :  23:33:47  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
There's one thing you could try: replacing MediaInfo.dll in XMMs' program directory with a more recent version.

To be on the safe side make a backup of the existing version (you could rename it to something like mediainfo.dll_original).

If this doesn't help we do at least know it's no issue with the MediaInfo version ...

Beware: I don't kow if this has side effects. You're on your own there. Your only consolation would be that I tried it myself and am bound to run into similiar probs...

Hopefully Ale will check if he can update (or fix) this officially.

Go to Top of Page

mon1y

98 Posts

Posted - 17 Dec 2012 :  03:41:52  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
The new Rel 8.0.3.4 didn't help with its new Mediainfo.dll.
Go to Top of Page

yan00s

405 Posts

Posted - 18 Dec 2012 :  15:04:21  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by mon1y

Have you checked the MediaInfo dll version in XMMs' program folder? It's just a guess but maybe the helper files aren't part of the update packages.

Go to Top of Page

mon1y

98 Posts

Posted - 18 Dec 2012 :  21:49:56  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by yan00s

quote:
Originally posted by mon1y

Have you checked the MediaInfo dll version in XMMs' program folder? It's just a guess but maybe the helper files aren't part of the update packages.

Thank you for your help but I have forgotten which of the file that read 720 as 1080p. I'm not about to go through a lot of my file even though there might be a few of them. Thanks again.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.3 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07