Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager 8, 9, 10 Forum
 Bug Reports
 Cannot manually add cover for movie
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

JustME

371 Posts

Posted - 21 Dec 2012 :  11:22:27  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Occasionally I don't have a cover for a movie after the import from IMDB complete.
In the old versions I would open the movie to edit.
I would manually find an image for the movie and save it to my desktop under the movie name.
I could then drag it to cover manager and it would add it and save a copy of it to default cover database under that name.
I try that now (or add from cover manager) and it simply saves it in the movie cover directory as a .jpg
It doesn't append a number to the image and when you look at it in the main view it just shows as .jpg under the cover list.

This appears to be an issue only when trying to manually add a cover. any thoughts?

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 21 Dec 2012 :  13:44:58  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thats Strange... I will try to reproduce the error.

Ale

http://www.facebook.com/pages/eXtreme-Movie-Manager/47220214342?ref=mf
Go to Top of Page

JustME

371 Posts

Posted - 21 Dec 2012 :  23:46:07  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
So I reran the permissions on that folder just in case there was something off (Windows 7 has been known to be a pain) and tried it again.
Error message below if that helps
Selected File : C:\Users\######\Desktop\coyote.jpg
Try to delete : C:\Program Files (x86)\eXtreme Movie Manager 8\tempdir\ImageClipBoard.jpg
Loading Image to Control : C:\Program Files (x86)\eXtreme Movie Manager 8\tempdir\images\coyote20121221164145168.jpg
Saving Image to Disk...
Error Occured Argument 'Length' must be greater or equal to zero.
Chosen Title:
Covers Directory: D:\Data\EMM8 Databases\ALL1080MoviesVer8_cover\
ERROR DETECED ON COPY FILE: ErrLevel:1-91-Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Name Converted: .jpg
Cover Type: 1
Name of file saved on DB : .jpg
Some Configuration Info
-----------------------
Covers Path: D:\Data\EMM8 Databases\ALL1080MoviesVer8_cover\
IrfanView Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\eXtreme Movie Manager 8\configuration\Irfanview.exe
Temp Dir: C:\Program Files (x86)\eXtreme Movie Manager 8\tempdir\images\
Current database: D:\Data\EMM8 Databases\ALL1080MoviesVer8.mdb

Go to Top of Page

JustME

371 Posts

Posted - 21 Dec 2012 :  23:59:08  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I also went and deleted the contents of this directory
: C:\Program Files (x86)\eXtreme Movie Manager 8\tempdir\images\
and the contents of
: C:\Program Files (x86)\eXtreme Movie Manager 8\tempdir\

But error still occurs in naming
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 22 Dec 2012 :  11:12:02  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Probably I have if in next release.

Thank you,

Ale

Go to Top of Page

mon1y

98 Posts

Posted - 23 Dec 2012 :  01:32:57  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by JustME

It doesn't append a number to the image and when you look at it in the main view it just shows as .jpg under the cover list.

This appears to be an issue only when trying to manually add a cover. any thoughts?

I also noticed it sometime ago and I thought I was the only one.
Go to Top of Page

JustME

371 Posts

Posted - 27 Dec 2012 :  15:11:51  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
just tried it with the latest release on two movies and it appears to be working fine now.
Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 27 Dec 2012 :  16:23:15  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Great, thank you!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.16 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07