Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager 8, 9, 10 Forum
 Bug Reports
 Missing pictures after switch from XMM 7 to XMM 8
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

Pavlerb
Starting Member

Poland
12 Posts

Posted - 27 Dec 2012 :  13:16:54  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
I started my adventure with XMM several versions ago. I registered about 300 movies and allocated to them personally scanned pictures.
After switching to XMM 8 I lost most of them. XMM8 cannot find the pictures while they are still ok in XMM7.
Is there any trick possible for transferring the scanned pictures from XMM7 to XMM8 succesfully?

Edited by - Pavlerb on 27 Dec 2012 13:20:38

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 27 Dec 2012 :  16:24:20  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello,

During DB conversion XMM 8 should have copied the covers from folders 7 to folders 8.

Please check if the covers image are in the subfolder of your database called "_covers"

Ale

http://www.facebook.com/pages/eXtreme-Movie-Manager/47220214342?ref=mf
Go to Top of Page

Pavlerb
Starting Member

Poland
12 Posts

Posted - 28 Dec 2012 :  13:05:40  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello,

Thanks for quick answer.
It looks that _cover folder is keept in many locations on HDD by XMM:
1st: C:\Program Files (x86)\eXtreme Movie Manager 8\Databases\(...)_cover
2nd: C:\Personal\eXtreme Movie Manager Database Backups\(...)backup1_cover
3rd: C:\Personal\eXtreme Movie Manager Database Backups\(...)backup2_cover
10th: C:\Personal\eXtreme Movie Manager Database Backups\(...)backup10_cover

There are different pictures in each above location. Why is it so broken up?

What's more each picture has been preceded by the id number which doesn't correspond with Movie ID (I remember it was corresponding previously).

How to clean up that mess?
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 29 Dec 2012 :  08:28:40  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thats strange... I mean, the backups are just copies of the covers, just this.

To show the covers XMM read Always and ONLY the subfolder of your database called DBNAME_covers. So all covers must be there.

Try to copy all covers here and let me know what happens.

Ale

Go to Top of Page

Pavlerb
Starting Member

Poland
12 Posts

Posted - 02 Jan 2013 :  16:27:06  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
It didn't happen like this. I have only minority of covers in _covers folder after the migration. Maybe I did something wrong. Cannot judge, now.
Fortunately I have the cover scans on my external HDD backup - so I need now to link manualy the actual movie entries in XMM 8 with pictures at the backup HDD.

One question to the above issue - if I have movie cover stored as *.jpg file in different location (totally not related with XMM) and if I open XMM 8 and link movies with these covers by Covers Manager, what XMM will do? Will it rename and transfer the cover to DBNAME_covers folder automatically or only remember the link path (it means if I take backup HDD off, the covers will be not available)?

Edited by - Pavlerb on 02 Jan 2013 16:33:56
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 03 Jan 2013 :  09:06:40  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello,

XMM will make a copy of all cover in the _covers subfolder of your database.

Ale

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.19 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07