Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager 8, 9, 10 Forum
 Bug Reports
 Movies with "Next" in title.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

mikamikaze
Starting Member

France
26 Posts

Posted - 30 Dec 2012 :  20:57:45  Show Profile  Visit mikamikaze's Homepage  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Movies with "Next" in title are not detected well

For exemple "Girl Next Door" is imported as "Girl N" by the device scanner. Had to watch to these titles when importing.

Script keywork problem ? Can other keywords havec the same impact ?

Trixster
Starting Member

USA
28 Posts

Posted - 30 Dec 2012 :  23:59:33  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi mikamikaze,
I am Trixster please try the following: Under Options you'll see a tab marked Device Scanner on that page toward the bottom you'll see a tab called Additional options. On that tab make sure the check box for make title like file name is checked.
Next go back to the tabs you'll see title cleaning at the bottom you'll see a scroll box with a list of words in it. In that list, scroll down and you'll see things like 'ext, ed...etc" delete these from the list and uncheck the box "Delete all strings after"your shows should import fine. In your example "the Girl Next Door" probably showed as "the Girl N " The same would be true if you had a movie like "Ghosted" It would show as "Ghost" the ext and the ed would be dropped. The same for things like "Red Dawn" "Red Tails" They'd show as "R Dawn" and "R Tails"
I hope this was helpful and welcome to the XMM forum. Any questions please ask.:)

When you ask God to make you stronger, HE does not turn you into Hercules,HE gives you obstacles to overcome.

Edited by - Trixster on 31 Dec 2012 00:04:32
Go to Top of Page

JustME

371 Posts

Posted - 31 Dec 2012 :  00:07:16  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Don't feel bad, title cleaning caught me too :-)
Welcome and enjoy!
Go to Top of Page

Trixster
Starting Member

USA
28 Posts

Posted - 31 Dec 2012 :  00:22:44  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Ha Ha,Good one JustMe,
Gets a lot of us I bet. Maybe we should all work together and create a documentation/instruction file for users to download.:)

When you ask God to make you stronger, HE does not turn you into Hercules,HE gives you obstacles to overcome.
Go to Top of Page

JustME

371 Posts

Posted - 31 Dec 2012 :  15:42:38  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
http://www.binaryworks.it/extrememoviemanager/documentation/
Ale had started one (and I think there was a WIKI on it too) but consensus was a while back that we were happier with him fixing bugs and adding features than documenting the app :-)
This application is slightly different than most apps though as all the users are an integral part of its development and using this forum to explain features is a lot better than a manual that never gets looked at :-)
Plus it makes you feel good when you can actually answer\help someone out!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.14 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07