Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager 8, 9, 10 Forum
 Bug Reports
 auto Update
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

Saphir

Germany
136 Posts

Posted - 31 Dec 2012 :  14:56:37  Show Profile  Visit Saphir's Homepage  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
I have XMM 8.0.3.5 and tried to make a update but it is not possible because I cet this message:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/njvey0wwv10zow7/XMM8-5.JPG

I disapled my firewall and avast but this doesn't help.

eXtreme Books Manager 1.0.4.6
eXtreme Movie Manager 7.2.3.6
eXtreme Games Manager 1.0.3.8
eXtreme Movie Manager 8.0.7.0

Edited by - Saphir on 31 Dec 2012 14:57:38

JustME

371 Posts

Posted - 31 Dec 2012 :  15:46:43  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Disable any AntiVirus and ensure that your firewall is allowing EMM to connect through it.....So if that doesn't work for you then go to the download page and download a full install
http://www.binaryworks.it/extrememoviemanager/download.aspx
reinstall it and make sure that your update works after. The full install has all the updates, but you should still be able to run updates.
I am hoping that the reinstall fixes the firewall permissions for you (you are installing as administrator correct?)
Also I believe version 8 is still considered Beta
Go to Top of Page

Saphir

Germany
136 Posts

Posted - 31 Dec 2012 :  20:00:56  Show Profile  Visit Saphir's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thanks for your answer!
I just wanted to make a frech new install and tried to deinstall the old 8 version but Windows tells me, there is no XMM 8!???

eXtreme Books Manager 1.0.4.6
eXtreme Movie Manager 7.2.3.6
eXtreme Games Manager 1.0.3.8
eXtreme Movie Manager 8.0.7.0
Go to Top of Page

JustME

371 Posts

Posted - 01 Jan 2013 :  02:11:06  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
If Windows can't find the old install you "could" manually delete it and run a registry cleaner...but check where it is installed (Should be C:\program files\eXtreme Movie Manager or C:\Program Files (x86)\eXtreme Movie Manager 8\ depending if it is 32 bit or 64 Bit Windows.
Running the new install should put it into the same location and overwrite the files. If you installed as the user and not administrator it may have put it into a different location which is why Windows can't find it to uninstall?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.14 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07