Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager 8, 9, 10 Forum
 Bug Reports
 Device Scanner
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

ComZiz

Turkey
282 Posts

Posted - 03 Jan 2013 :  19:29:14  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hi,

10 minutes ago device scanner listed me a lot of movies as new files in the folder.

There were 10-15 new movies but I also noticed that some of them were already in the database but it seems that i changed the file names.

So first i re-linked them so device scanner wouldn't catch those.
For the real "new ones". I also changed the filenames, cleaned folder names and such.

And now device scanner doesn't see them and they're not in my database...

Why could this happen? How can I fix it?

ComZiz

Turkey
282 Posts

Posted - 03 Jan 2013 :  19:32:13  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
What I just noticed is the device scanner get stucked at the first file or folder that is in the scanning folder. Doesn't search the rest... Why... it was working just a moment ago?!
Go to Top of Page

ComZiz

Turkey
282 Posts

Posted - 03 Jan 2013 :  19:35:13  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Also I keep changing the "Get Folder Name from LAST folder of selected path" to "Get Folder Name from FIRST folder of selected path" in the device scanner options. But the option won't save! the others are fine but this option is not saved. I restarted XMM a couple of times and tried again but no luck!
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 04 Jan 2013 :  08:46:09  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello Comziz,

I think I have forget to put an option in the configuration window.

Please open the config.ini file and try to find this:

FileScannerAutoUpdate=True

Please put it FALSE:

FileScannerAutoUpdate=False

Restart XMM and let me know if Device Scanner works as expected.

Ale

http://www.facebook.com/pages/eXtreme-Movie-Manager/47220214342?ref=mf
Go to Top of Page

ComZiz

Turkey
282 Posts

Posted - 04 Jan 2013 :  10:53:45  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
it is already in "false" =(
Go to Top of Page

ComZiz

Turkey
282 Posts

Posted - 04 Jan 2013 :  11:15:11  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Alessio I would like to check my device scanner "ignore list" to see if any movies added there by mistake.
How can i reach the ignore list of the device scanner?
Go to Top of Page

ComZiz

Turkey
282 Posts

Posted - 05 Jan 2013 :  01:59:41  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I spent hours with different settings deleting config.ini, re-installing xmm etc.

What I noticed is when Device Scanner find new movies, if I view them (open device scanner) but do not import files and close the window and XMM, next time I start XMM, the device scanner does not show me those movies again.

Eventhough I didn't "ignore" them.

Please also check this topic
http://www.binaryworks.it/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=10401
Go to Top of Page

yan00s

405 Posts

Posted - 20 Jan 2013 :  20:15:27  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by ComZiz

What I noticed is when Device Scanner find new movies, if I view them (open device scanner) but do not import files and close the window and XMM, next time I start XMM, the device scanner does not show me those movies again.

Eventhough I didn't "ignore" them.

Can you check what entries the links table of exclude.mdb contains? It's living in the configuration folder. Maybe those files are on the ignore list from a previous import attempt.

XMM does not save exclusions on a per database level but on a global configuration level. I think this should get changed - I will suggest it to Ale.

Go to Top of Page

ComZiz

Turkey
282 Posts

Posted - 29 Jan 2013 :  03:39:16  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
A couple of minutes ago the program was open and I wanted to add my new movies to it.

After I imported the movies I noticed that my title cleaning settings weren't applied. Than I found out that I forgot to copy my old *.*ini file after a fresh install. I deleted the movies from the database to re-import them after I restored my settings.

So I did and restarted extreme movie manager, now the device scanner doesn't detect the movies on my hard drive and I can't add them automatically, back to the database.
Go to Top of Page

ComZiz

Turkey
282 Posts

Posted - 02 Feb 2013 :  23:08:00  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
My final conclusion is that this feature just wont scan right.

It stopped finding the new movies in my folder, so I created a temporary Database, and ran it again. It only found 58 movies out of my 614 items in the hard drive.

It only found mp4, mkv, m4v, mov files. Eventhough AVI is added to the extention list, doesn't seem to read any avi files.

Please add back the old "ADD FILE" feature.

Edited by - ComZiz on 02 Feb 2013 23:12:43
Go to Top of Page

apd

Greece
378 Posts

Posted - 03 Feb 2013 :  08:08:15  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Have you tried renaming some of the files that are missed? Just a thought, to check if it is the specific name that is ignored.
Go to Top of Page

smuche55
Starting Member

France
10 Posts

Posted - 18 Feb 2013 :  19:21:57  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I don't the same problem.

When i import files, some of them are forget.
like : "Harry Potter et les reliques de la mort - partie 2 (2011).mkv" is imported but this one "Harry Potter et les reliques de la mort - partie 1 (2011).mkv" isn't
i think is a problem with " - " !

Another : kill bill volume 2 is good but kill bill volume 1 isn't.
device scanner take the last one ?

Like the film "50/50", when is imported the name of the movie set as "50" only.

I use themoviedb.org for naming my films.

Sorry for my poor english :'(
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 19 Feb 2013 :  03:58:01  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello,

Please be sure that movies are not "Joined" together!

To see this open that movie and take a look if in the FILES tab there are both files.

Ale

http://www.facebook.com/pages/eXtreme-Movie-Manager/47220214342?ref=mf
Go to Top of Page

smuche55
Starting Member

France
10 Posts

Posted - 19 Feb 2013 :  18:49:56  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
It's right

Thanks for your fast reply.

Sorry for my poor english :'(
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.14 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07