Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager 8, 9, 10 Forum
 Bug Reports
 XMM Windows Registry Keys
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

ComZiz

Turkey
282 Posts

Posted - 05 Jan 2013 :  00:31:21  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hello,

I've been doing a lot of research on my problems.
And i believe they're caused by old/wrong windows registries.

I found two different registry paths in regedit;
First one is;
HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-3390479567-2327377751-1397374930-1000\Software\eXtremeMovieManager

which includes very old and wrong data;
quote:
Name Type Data
#64830;Default#64831; REG_SZ #64830;value not set#64831;
DatabaseFile REG_SZ C:\Databases\XMM\ERKE.mdb
FileAviSearchPath REG_SZ P:\filmler\Tron
FolderScanner REG_SZ P:\filmler\Tron
MyKey REG_SZ hidden@hidden.com
OpenDatabasePath REG_SZ C:\Databases\XMM

and a second one;
HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-3390479567-2327377751-1397374930-1000\Software\eXtremeMovieManager8

which includes rather new data but XMM doesn't use;

quote:

Name Type Data
#64830;Default#64831; REG_SZ #64830;value not set#64831;
DatabaseFile REG_SZ D:\Programlar\XMM8\DB\ERKE_1.mdb
FileAviSearchPath REG_SZ V:\DIZI
FirstTimeStart REG_SZ OK
FolderScanner REG_SZ D:\Programlar\XMM8\
OpenDatabasePath REG_SZ D:\Programlar\XMM8\DB
XMMDataPath REG_SZ D:\Programlar\XMM8\

Now if you notice in the first one, it says "FolderScanner REG_SZ P:\filmler\Tron" which is where the device scanner get stucked, explained in this topic; http://www.binaryworks.it/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=10385
I think it keeps checking P:\filmler\Tron to look for NEW files and can not find them. Because in the device scanner it prints this path when I click "START SCAN". It is interesting that XMM still reads P:\filmler\Tron registry, because in the CURRENT program settings, the path is set to "P:\filmler\" only.

I didn't want to change or delete anything here without consulting you first Alessio. So could you please guide me to fix these duplicate entries in my registery.

Also I would appreciate if you could also check this topic;
http://www.binaryworks.it/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=10399

Thx in advance

ERKE T.

Edited by - ComZiz on 05 Jan 2013 00:53:30

yan00s

405 Posts

Posted - 05 Jan 2013 :  01:25:23  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
extremeMovieManager (without 8) keys are for previous versions. That way both version 7 and version 8 can coexist. At least in theory they should - and for me they indeed do.

From what Ale once said I believe XMM does not use the registry much anyway these days. Most values should be in the config.ini file.

Go to Top of Page

ComZiz

Turkey
282 Posts

Posted - 05 Jan 2013 :  02:57:15  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thank you for your info =)
So which values of these can I change, without breaking up my XMM 8
Go to Top of Page

yan00s

405 Posts

Posted - 05 Jan 2013 :  14:55:18  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by ComZiz

So which values of these can I change, without breaking up my XMM 8

If you don't have a previous version of XMM installed I suppose it's safe to remove the "extremeMovieManager" (without 8) keys.

Before changing anything in the registry it's good practice to make a backup of the values you're about to alter. Remember: they never want you - the user - to play around with registry keys...

As for the XMM8 keys: I doubt that it will change much of XMMs behaviour if you fiddle with 'em. You're free to test things (maybe this "FolderScanner" key has a meaning - only Ale knows) but I wouldn't put much hope into it.

BTW: the device scanner search folders should be stored in simple text files called "FolderList.txt" and "FolderListTV.txt" respectively. Those two files live within XMM8s' \configuration\ directory.

Go to Top of Page

ComZiz

Turkey
282 Posts

Posted - 05 Jan 2013 :  18:21:52  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thank you for your suggestions but as you can see my authentication code is in extrememoviemanager registry inputs so i rather not touch them without Ale approving first =)

And for the text files, yes they have the updated folder paths but i doubt that config.ini overrides those because i was able to see my undetected movies only by deleting my config.ini over and over again.

The only problem I have right now is the magicscript. It's been over a month now that i can't use XMM properly and this annoys me much. =(
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.14 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07