Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager 8, 9, 10 Forum
 Bug Reports
 Major Bug - Losing Mass Imported Data!!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

dimxr

85 Posts

Posted - 09 Jan 2013 :  03:42:22  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
I had my collection in XMM 7 working, updated on XMM 8 I've almost spent a week posting things that don't work in the new version and how I could somehow overcome them, but this is really serious...

Since I imported my collection (3000 movies) from XMM 7, like XMM 8 asked, I didn't get the actors because I would update again.

I use this chain:
1. THEMOVIEDB.ORG (API) for posters and pictures
2. IMDB.COM (Complete) for everything else

Except from all the problems that occur with this new version (please check this if interested: http://www.binaryworks.it/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=10402 ), there is another that I just noticed!

When I take 200 hundred movies to get updated, they will update and finish and all will be fine, but the next morning by the time i restart XMM, it will keep whatever it wants. It will lose pictures, and other stuff...

Please, this is COMPLETELY WRONG!!!!
I was waiting a whole night for 200 movies to get updated and now, all this time was just wasted!

I really respect your work and efforts, but please make this version work finally!!!

Waiting for an answer...

Edited by - dimxr on 10 Jan 2013 03:01:49

dimxr

85 Posts

Posted - 09 Jan 2013 :  04:04:40  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
As I see a little bit clearer, it might be losing pictures as backdrops imported with THEMOVIEDB.COM...
It might not even import anything from THEMOVIEDB now!
Go to Top of Page

dimxr

85 Posts

Posted - 09 Jan 2013 :  04:33:46  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
No, No, No....
It's losing even movie titles that i've corrected!!!!
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 09 Jan 2013 :  17:23:49  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello Dimxr,

Please go in the configuration window, if the Debug Mode is active, open the Debug file and send it to me.

Thank you.

Ale

http://www.facebook.com/pages/eXtreme-Movie-Manager/47220214342?ref=mf
Go to Top of Page

dimxr

85 Posts

Posted - 09 Jan 2013 :  17:40:18  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Alessio Viti

Hello Dimxr,

Please go in the configuration window, if the Debug Mode is active, open the Debug file and send it to me.

Thank you.

Ale

Unfortunately it was unactive the Debug Mode... Now what?

edit: I will try it one more time... Mass 200 movies importing and lets see what happens... This time with Debig Mode=ON!

Edited by - dimxr on 09 Jan 2013 17:58:25
Go to Top of Page

dimxr

85 Posts

Posted - 10 Jan 2013 :  01:27:56  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Import this time complete... No lost data so far... If this thing happens again Ale, I will do as you said... I think it will happen though, because it had already happened twice...

Edited by - dimxr on 10 Jan 2013 01:41:41
Go to Top of Page

dimxr

85 Posts

Posted - 10 Jan 2013 :  02:58:19  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
OK, just lost at about 30 minor changes i've done in various movies...
They were lost after the close and open I've done to XMM... The weird problem though is that when I hit the "Open Debug File" nothing happens so I cannot find any file to post or send you!!!
Weird?????

Another weird thing is that the setting: Update Movies/People Automatically in Background has turned ON, on each own while I have it ALWAYS since I first installed it, as OFF!!!!!

What is going on with this version man??? Really....

Edited by - dimxr on 10 Jan 2013 03:01:33
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 10 Jan 2013 :  05:01:53  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
You are right, that's strange, seem like that XMM is not closed correctly and has not save data (or settings).

I will try to replicate the error.

Thank you!

Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 10 Jan 2013 :  05:10:02  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Please make this test again if you can. I have import this night 302 movies and everything goes OK.

Thank you for your patience!

Ale

Go to Top of Page

dimxr

85 Posts

Posted - 10 Jan 2013 :  12:14:09  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I imported another 200 movies this night and they were imported right... What I have to do then (and here is where the problem really appears) has to do with the problem that I describe here: http://www.binaryworks.it/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=10402
So I have to reset import status in a few movies and re-update them having changed their title (because after the initial import is wrong).
After these small minor changes, some times it loses all last changes by restarting XMM. Don't know when and don't know why...

If there was this script that I mentioned in the previous bug, that would allow IMDB Complete script to search for MOVIES ONLY and NOT any TV Episodes, that problem would have been gone from the start.
I tried to do it myself with the help of JDommi, but it didn't actualy work.
I just think that this one is pretty good and solid suggestion and people who only have movies in their XMM will find this totally awesome... :)
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 10 Jan 2013 :  13:41:44  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Please try the latest release, I have change a thing on DB save.

Thank you!

Ale

Go to Top of Page

dimxr

85 Posts

Posted - 10 Jan 2013 :  21:31:09  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
OK, made some tests.
Unfortunately, this is not completely resolved...

So, when something goes wrong like I have explained on the other thread ( http://www.binaryworks.it/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=10402 ), then I fix it by doing this:

1. reset import status and clear fields
2. manually set the IMDB link
3. update with my chain

The result is OK, which means, like this:

But if I restart XMM, it loses the changes I do at these movies. So, it looks like this:

On the other hand, the good news is that I don't lose any other movies newly imported, other than these that have the characteristics I've described... At least so far...

The first problem though is quite irritating...
Go to Top of Page

dimxr

85 Posts

Posted - 12 Jan 2013 :  00:33:28  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
IMPORTANT UPDATE:
It seems that it loses the data from these movies, just if you update them with the chain. With a single script update it was finally saved...
So, you might want to check this...
Still testing here, but this is what it seems to cause the problem so far...
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.15 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07