Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager 8, 9, 10 Forum
 Bug Reports
 where are user setttings saved?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

JustME

371 Posts

Posted - 13 Jan 2013 :  15:23:11  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Needed to add a few movies to the database and without having the columns to know which movies were in there I decided to wipe and reinstall.
I uninstalled the program through the control panel icon and then removed the program files\Extreme Movie Manager 8 directory and also the Extreme Movie Manager8 directory under Documents/
I looked in %appData% and found no reference there.
I reinstalled the program and it brought up my last database (with all the columns still missing) so that tells me that there is a configuration somewhere that I have to remove in order to start fresh.
Anyone able to help me out on that?
(Database is on another drive so it should have opened the example on initial startup)

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 13 Jan 2013 :  15:53:24  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Have a look here: %LOCALAPPDATA%\VirtualStore

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse

Edited by - JDommi on 13 Jan 2013 15:53:58
Go to Top of Page

JustME

371 Posts

Posted - 13 Jan 2013 :  18:48:45  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Nothing there either :-( I thought something in my profile was holding it but browsed through and didn't see anything else. Any other thoughts?
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 13 Jan 2013 :  19:06:02  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Sorry, no.
That was the folder where I had a copy of the settings - under Win7.

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

JustME

371 Posts

Posted - 13 Jan 2013 :  22:24:04  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Sorry, never mentioned it, Windows 7-64 bit running as user with admin rights.
Its almost like the column chooser isn't getting populated with options so it has to be in the grid layout settings somewhere :-)
Ale will know though I am sure :-)
Go to Top of Page

apd

Greece
378 Posts

Posted - 13 Jan 2013 :  23:03:20  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Sorry to ask, but have you unticked the "Freeze Layout" in the Options?
Go to Top of Page

JustME

371 Posts

Posted - 14 Jan 2013 :  15:12:56  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Yep, its unticked :-(
and to verify it is not my database after uninstalling and reinstalling EMM several times I opened the example database and I don't have the option there either to add any more columns.
I would like to at least have the columns with the title, year and genre for the movies and maybe even just the name for the people.
There is something in my configuration that is stopping me from seeing all the columns but I don't know what :-(
Go to Top of Page

yan00s

405 Posts

Posted - 14 Jan 2013 :  23:33:00  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by JustME

There is something in my configuration that is stopping me from seeing all the columns but I don't know what :-(

See my reply there: http://www.binaryworks.it/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=10413

Go to Top of Page

JustME

371 Posts

Posted - 17 Jan 2013 :  12:38:37  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
There is a registry entry that stores all those values which explains why it comes back even after a full removal and clean install
Go to Top of Page

yan00s

405 Posts

Posted - 18 Jan 2013 :  02:27:38  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by JustME

There is a registry entry that stores all those values which explains why it comes back even after a full removal and clean install

Which one?

Go to Top of Page

JustME

371 Posts

Posted - 18 Jan 2013 :  03:12:23  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
\HKEY_Current_User\Software\eXtremeMovieManager8

Settings for 7 are identical except no #8
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.13 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07