Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager 8, 9, 10 Forum
 Bug Reports
 bugs when importing, v8044
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

apd

Greece
378 Posts

Posted - 17 Jan 2013 :  09:01:22  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
In a clean, new db, I point the Device scanner to a folder and import some files. When I rescan the same folder, the imported files reappear in the Device Scanner and have to be deselected; if not, they are reimported, again and again. Is this how it's supposed to be?

Edit: I found the right click option to never show these files again, but why should we have to do that step? And what if we need to reimport a file?

Also, when new files were imported in the db, the fields in the Add/Edit Window appear filled; but in the Quick Edit (Video, Audio etc) no values are populated; I need to restart XMM to see the contents.

EDIT: 40 reads; Can't someone verify/comment please?

Edited by - apd on 20 Jan 2013 17:28:10

yan00s

405 Posts

Posted - 20 Jan 2013 :  20:02:37  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by apd

EDIT: 40 reads; Can't someone verify/comment please?

Well, you've insisted, didn't you?

Here comes the bad news: I cannot confirm this for 8.0.4.4. Did the following:

(1) created a new db
(2) run device scanner (pathes like on my main db)
(3) unchecked ALL found movies
(4) selected six movies for import ... hit import selected
(5) closed XMM 8
(6) started XMM 8 again ... the test db showed the six imported files
(7) run device scanner again ... it found six files less than on the first import = the six files already imported did not reappear.

There must be something special going on on your machine. But I have no idea what, sorry.

Go to Top of Page

apd

Greece
378 Posts

Posted - 20 Jan 2013 :  21:34:28  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Strange. Let's see what Alessio has to say.

And what about the second issue? Does your Quick Edit update the values normally?
Go to Top of Page

yan00s

405 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2013 :  00:06:55  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by apd

And what about the second issue? Does your Quick Edit update the values normally?

Nothing unusual with it. Added movies will show the imported stream information (Video / Audio) after the import window was closed. If this does not happen for you it may be that some db update operations fail.

-

I wonder if it could be related to the permission level of XMM in your environment. It's not the way it should be with a 100% Win7 / Win8-ready application but it works for me to

- give XMM8 administrative rights

- explicitly set permissions of XMM8s program folder and all subfolders to "full" for my user (because I've installed XMM8 under program files(x86)).

Go to Top of Page

apd

Greece
378 Posts

Posted - 22 Jan 2013 :  00:03:48  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I run Xmm as admin and never install in in ProgFiles. The main Edit window is normall - just the Quick Edit doesn't show the data.

EDIT: Please not that when I switch to the HTML page, all values appear without restarting. It's only the QE pane that doesn't populate.

Edited by - apd on 22 Jan 2013 10:21:57
Go to Top of Page

apd

Greece
378 Posts

Posted - 22 Jan 2013 :  21:28:20  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
OK, I don't get it. I rebooted, tried a new set of files without changing any options, and now Quick Edit updates like a charm. How? Could this be related to the stuck values issue some others have mentioned?

EDIT: AN hour later, I chose a new folder to import, and the Quick Edit pane again does not update. I have to close XMM8 and restart it for the values to appear. The Details pane still works ok.

EDIT: And it goes on like this. I chose new folders, import some films, some times the Quick Edit works at once, some times it needs to restart XMM. It's driving me crazy.

And the second issue (imported files reappearing in the scanning window) still persists in all cases.

Edited by - apd on 23 Jan 2013 09:26:18
Go to Top of Page

yan00s

405 Posts

Posted - 25 Jan 2013 :  03:28:14  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by apd

OK, I don't get it. I rebooted, tried a new set of files without changing any options, and now Quick Edit updates like a charm. How? Could this be related to the stuck values issue some others have mentioned?

EDIT: AN hour later, I chose a new folder to import, and the Quick Edit pane again does not update. I have to close XMM8 and restart it for the values to appear. The Details pane still works ok.

EDIT: And it goes on like this. I chose new folders, import some films, some times the Quick Edit works at once, some times it needs to restart XMM. It's driving me crazy.

And the second issue (imported files reappearing in the scanning window) still persists in all cases.

I feel with you ... this must be really annoying. But there has to be something specific for your system / configuration which tricks XMM8 into misbehaving. Hopefully it can be found out what's causing the trouble.

Go to Top of Page

apd

Greece
378 Posts

Posted - 25 Jan 2013 :  15:34:46  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Same on both issues in v.8045
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 25 Jan 2013 :  16:56:20  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello and sorry for delay guys!

I am debugging the Device Scanner just these days, I will let you know If I found something wrong with it.

Thank you!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/eXtreme-Movie-Manager/47220214342?ref=mf
Go to Top of Page

winjunkie
Starting Member

7 Posts

Posted - 27 Feb 2013 :  16:58:41  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I am having the same problem. I've imported over 900 movies, but when I go to import a new one, the Device Scanner is listing ALL my movies, not just those that aren't already in the database.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.15 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07