Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager 8, 9, 10 Forum
 Information
 New to program - basic help questions
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

Cyngreen
Starting Member

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 06 Feb 2013 :  11:23:01  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hello, everyone -

I am trying out this program as I have heard wonderful things and I was in limbo with my current program. I want to preface this by saying I am not very computer literate so please forgive if these questions seem self intuitive. I am having some trouble getting used to the different format and learning how to use this program.

My first question has to do with the trial program vs registered version. From screenshots, I see an Advanced Tools tab. Is this available only in the registered version? The Advanced Tools tab may have exactly what I'm looking for, but I wanted to make sure that would be there with registration.

I am currently looking at the example database. When I view the info on one of the added movies, the detail screen is on the far right. Is there any way to make this detailed movie card in full view without going into edit mode? (I want to be able to hide the other panes and view just the movie card.)

How do I define the Custom Fields? Is this for the registered version only?

With my current program, I am able to add keywords/tags and then search by them. Does this program have such a feature? I did not see it readily available. I did choose the IMDB full for my movie script. I did see where you might could use that to have the IMDB keywords loaded, but I also want to know if I would be able to add my own. And then would I be able to search by keyword?

Thank-you very much in advance for any help you can provide!

Cynthia

Edited by - Cyngreen on 06 Feb 2013 11:25:46

yan00s

405 Posts

Posted - 06 Feb 2013 :  12:30:21  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Just a few quick and general answers below...

quote:
Originally posted by Cyngreen

My first question has to do with the trial program vs registered version. From screenshots, I see an Advanced Tools tab. Is this available only in the registered version? The Advanced Tools tab may have exactly what I'm looking for, but I wanted to make sure that would be there with registration.

You should be able to use all features of XMM in trial mode with the exception that you're limited to 50 (I think) movies.

quote:

I am currently looking at the example database. When I view the info on one of the added movies, the detail screen is on the far right. Is there any way to make this detailed movie card in full view without going into edit mode? (I want to be able to hide the other panes and view just the movie card.)

You can change positions and size of the different windows / panes and you can decide to hide some.

To navigate within your collection you will most likely need the grid (list of movies / shows). Since you can customize which fields will be available to view via -> right click > column chooser it could be made rather small (i. e. only showing the title and year) so you've plenty of space left for the HTML card view. As an alternative you can always export the collection to HTML and view it in a web browser for a full full screen experience.

quote:

How do I define the Custom Fields? Is this for the registered version only?

You do this in -> Main > Files > Options; some of the scripts which let you import information from the internet will by default use some of the custom fields already so you may have to check out which fields are available.
I dont think this functionality is disabled in the trial version.

quote:

With my current program, I am able to add keywords/tags and then search by them. Does this program have such a feature? I did not see it readily available. I did choose the IMDB full for my movie script. I did see where you might could use that to have the IMDB keywords loaded, but I also want to know if I would be able to add my own. And then would I be able to search by keyword?

It shouldn't be a problem to add your own keywords or tags. And you will be able to search by those, too.

Go to Top of Page

Cyngreen
Starting Member

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 06 Feb 2013 :  13:06:40  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thank-you so much for the information, yan00s! I have to run to work but I'm going to try all those tips and suggestions as soon as I get back. Thanks for your time!

Cynthia
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.16 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07