Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager 8, 9, 10 Forum
 Scripts
 IMDB (Complete) > Pickup People Information
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

yan00s

405 Posts

Posted - 09 Feb 2013 :  17:09:11  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
I've noticed that IMDB complete doesn't download Directors / Producers / Writers / Editors / Composers / Cinematographers information completly or at least the information does not get written to the according people records - just the names get added to the db.

Since this can really mess the database up it would be cool if this could be changed / corrected.

batrado

Bulgaria
85 Posts

Posted - 11 Feb 2013 :  10:27:44  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
+1
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 11 Feb 2013 :  15:21:24  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
For that MagicScript has to be expanded by (userdefined) subroutines. Otherwise the same code block has to be added for EVERY group. Have a look at the actors block and you will see that this is really needed. By the way it's already a request since quite a lot time...
Beside that multiple directors as example have to be splitted on passing to the HTML Card, too. At the moment you will get only the ID of the last one.

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

yan00s

405 Posts

Posted - 11 Feb 2013 :  19:26:54  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
@ JDommi: would it be possible to add just the Web ID for the additional people not yet covered / coverable? I do not really comprehend that much looking at the script source but it seems as if the id already gets extracted.

A later manual update would be much easier if the IMDB id is known already.

Go to Top of Page

rocman

Australia
117 Posts

Posted - 11 Feb 2013 :  20:41:23  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi.
Take a look at my update from today (11. February 2013).
I quickly added the WebID but at the moment I have no time to rewrite the script for importing every data of every crew member. Maybe later...

http://www.binaryworks.it/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=10658

Maybe its better to collect all IMDB script issues in one thread (for reasons of clarity).

Edited by - rocman on 11 Feb 2013 20:43:21
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.14 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07